Region for floxing mice using CRISPR

Fanatic_scientist

It might help if you explained a little more. Floxing is a method to turn off or inactivate a specific DNA region (or well, move it etc, but most commonly it is used for knock out experiments I think), so you should target whatever thing you want to research?
If you already have a chosen loci but want specific information on what places are best, maybe someone can help you (I wouldn't know). But at the moment your question seems to be very low on details.

Of course if you want to know what exon is best to remove for knockout, you can look at some functions. I would also recommend to check if there are any genes on the opposite strand or any known regulatory elements, as I would personally try to knockout the exon that has the least amount of other effects (as far as we can predict it based on already existing information).

-Dagl

1 minute ago, Fanatic_scientist said:

Thanks for your answer Dagl!

My question was for a school project and I agree that there should be more information to this question. However, you got me to think about some things and I will further investigate this! Thanks again!

Ahhh I see, that makes more sense. In that case it may be interesting to just look up what floxing is used for in general and why you would want to target a specific gene. For a school project you could also look into exon skipping (in, for example Duchenne) and see if floxing could be used there.

Good luck!