Google Bomb Intelligent Design

In My Memory

I havent seen it on this forum yet, but I want to inform everyone to help Google Bomb the words Intelligent Design.

The idea is inspired from this blog post:

Google Bomb "Intelligent Design"

Post something on "Intelligent Design" (which is currently the #1 search on Technorati) which links to the authoritative statement by the National Center for Science Education, which I've linked to here by way of illustration. This way when those genuinely seeking information start Googling, they'll get to the right place.

Make sure when you link Intelligent Design, you use the word "Intelligent Design" right in the link, or else it wont work.

Help in any way you can! If you put Intelligent Design in your signature, thats hundreds of free ads for Intelligent Design right there :)

Hellbender,

how does that work anyway? whenever I post a link its just the whole URL. How do post links like the ones above?

Quote this post, then copy and paste the URL code into your signature:

Intelligent Design

Or, you could use the built in edit tools, just click the button that looks like this createlink.gif, and it will create a link for you.

All the best! :)

Am I the only one that sees this as a little childish? If people were looking for that site and wanted to see it then there would be no need to 'bomb' it.

But that's the problem. People looking it up want to find sites that tell them ID is correct and scientifically sound. They want to be lied to, and there are plenty of folk about willing to fill that desire, like several of the current links on the first page of a google search on: intelligent design

The creationists are probably doing something similar with evolution terms and many seem willing to pay for it. I've seen very many creationist sites on Google put on the sponsored site section or the ads section.

In my opinion, evolutionists have lost the battle between creationism and evolution. Support for creation is somewhere around 70% in the USA. With the more friendly-looking intelligent design seeping into the mainstream and into schools with the support of George Bush, things aren't looking good.

But it doesn't matter. If you're a scientist you believe in objective reality. 97% of the population may believe 1+1 = 3 but that doesn't make it so. This is why I've practically given up trying to convince people of anything. Truth stands well on its own. It doesn't need popularity nor does it need authority.

im just wondering, does anybody know the google placing before everyone started the ....

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

bombing?

just wondering how much power this forum has to move placings on google

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design

I doubt that this forum as a single has done much of anything, I think this is probably only one of many sites that have done the bombing and accomplished something as a whole. It likely that those sites at the top have thousands of referrers.

Also, I was under the impression that each domain could only have one vote so to speak, so pasting the link more than one time doesn't do anything. Am I wrong?