Strange Storage Issue

GM42489

Hi, 

I began working at a new firm recently where I am managing the chemical waste. Before I got here it was mentioned to me that a liquid had pooled in a containment bin. The cleaned it up, but formed again later, so I cleaned it up. Its a coated metal cabinet (exposed steels getting fairly rusted) containing HCl, HBr, HF, H2SO4, etc pretty standard stuff. It also contained H2O2, which supposedly vents oxygen, has anyone ever had this problem or can think of a reason?

Thanks,

23 minutes ago, GM42489 said:

Hi, 

I began working at a new firm recently where I am managing the chemical waste. Before I got here it was mentioned to me that a liquid had pooled in a containment bin. The cleaned it up, but formed again later, so I cleaned it up. Its a coated metal cabinet (exposed steels getting fairly rusted) containing HCl, HBr, HF, H2SO4, etc pretty standard stuff. It also contained H2O2, which supposedly vents oxygen, has anyone ever had this problem or can think of a reason?

Thanks,

If you know what all those chemicals are do you really expect us to guess on that little information ?

Pose a proper question in proper detail.

9 minutes ago, GM42489 said:

Can the vapors from these chemicals react or condense to pool in the cabinet? If they are hygroscopic, will the vapors pull enough water from the air over the course of a month?

What sort of storage facility is it that allows such chemicals to vapourise and mingle freely?

Are there any deposits of white or coloured powders on the cabinets?