What’s something scientific that doesn’t exist in Star Wars and makes no sense?

Maximum7

Control ( of greed ).
Flooding the market with crappy movies, just to capitalize and make money.
And ruining the legacy of the originals.

Since the first three, I've only liked Rogue One.
( then again I was always a Star Trek guy )

Edited by MigL

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, Maximum7 said:

What are some things that the Star Wars society doesn’t have that makes no sense?

This statement makes no sense.  Sorry.  How can something that doesn't exist, something the "Star Wars society DOESN'T HAVE," makes no sense? :D  First you need something that exists so you can decide if it makes sense.

Light sabers make no sense.  How can light travel 3 feet and stop?

Cannons that walk makes no sense.  They are massive, walking targets.  Any cruise missile, or other guided missile, could destroy these easily.

The idea that war will always be with us makes no sense.  I'm a Star Trek guy, the premise of Star Wars is stupid.

But even Star Trek has recently been dwelling too much on WAR with Klingons, Romulans, etc., in the Star Trek Discovery series.  The real title to every Star Wars movie should be "War in Space Forever, part N"

Edited by Airbrush

8 hours ago, Airbrush said:

This statement makes no sense.  Sorry.  How can something that doesn't exist, something the "Star Wars society DOESN'T HAVE," makes no sense? :D  

It would make no sense if they did not have some modes of transportation other than walking, or if they had no housing, medical care, or sources of energy beyond fire.

8 hours ago, Airbrush said:

This statement makes no sense. 

I think the question is: what is there that it makes no sense for it to be missing from the Star Wars universe. Or: what is missing from the Star Wars universe that should be there because it makes no sense for it to be missing.

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

War exists, does that make sense?

If war did not exist, there would be no way to judge if it made sense.

Does war make sense?  Yes and no.  YES, only in that it has always been with us.  Few leaders, such as Hitler and Tojo thought it made sense.  NO in that, by far, most people hate war.  "War is hell" why would most people think it made sense?

The question really is "What in the Star Wars universe does not make sense?"

2 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

No. The question is 'what that is MISSING from the Star Wars universe does not make sense?' You are missing  the point of the OP.

22 hours ago, zapatos said:

No. The question is 'what that is MISSING from the Star Wars universe does not make sense?' You are missing  the point of the OP.

Can you think of some things that SHOULD be in the Star Wars universe that aren't?

21 hours ago, Ghideon said:

Star Wars scientists seem unable to create space crafts that are noiseless in vacuum. That makes no sense.

That is because Star Wars is like Pro Wrestling.  It creates it's own reality that is obviously fake.  It is like a musical, where it is normal for the actors to sing and dance to music at any moment.  We recognize that sound is not transmitted through the vacuum of space.  But we suspend disbelief.  It is more entertaining to have explosion and spacecraft-noise, along with the musical score, to heighten the dramatic effect.  

Edited by Airbrush

On 2/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, Maximum7 said:

What are some things that the Star Wars society doesn’t have that makes no sense?

It makes no sense that they cannot time travel.

Is there mind control in the Star Wars universe?  Not just the Jedi trick of psychokinesis, but actually controlling others minds?  It makes no sense that they cannot control other minds.

I can't think of any other things, that don't make sense, that the Star Wars society does NOT have.  Can anyone else think of something? :D

19 hours ago, zapatos said:

Yes. But of course whether I can or not is irrelevant to what question was asked in the OP.

I still haven't heard anyone answer this question.  I tried, but even my suggestions are probably not valid.

Edited by Airbrush

1 hour ago, Airbrush said:

I still haven't heard anyone answer this question.  I tried, but even my suggestions are probably not valid.

R2D2 can just plug in and get schematics and status, wherever he goes. Computer security, as I said earlier.

Han and Luke do manual aiming on the Falcon when they escape the death star. Fighters have computer assist, but not tracking. Mentioned above.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:55 PM, Airbrush said:

If war did not exist, there would be no way to judge if it made sense.

Does war make sense?  Yes and no.  YES, only in that it has always been with us.  Few leaders, such as Hitler and Tojo thought it made sense.  NO in that, by far, most people hate war.  "War is hell" why would most people think it made sense?

No-one wants to go to war, other than in some sort of fiction... Does that make sense? 

Edited by dimreepr