New geographic theory of stalactites

Junliu0001

A hypothesis about the formation of stalactite
By Jun Liu
I'm a TV viewer. On January 28, 2019, I watched the CCTV-10 channel of China's Geographical China TV program. The title of the video is "Anomaly at the Bottom of the Pit", which demonstrates the content of stalactites generated in the karst cave. Among them, a section of stalactites growing sideways has attracted my attention. I have seen many stalactites in the cave before Some grow vertically, some vertically downward, and some vertically upward. I have not seen stalactites growing in the horizontal direction, which caused my question? Why do other stalactites grow downwards, but where are the stalactites growing sideways? Caused my question [question]. At that time, I photographed this horizontally growing stalactite with the function of taking photos with my mobile phone. It is the first photo. In this photo, the right side of the word pit bottom has the very obvious traces of melting rocks flowing behind it, indicating that the rocks are flowing in the vertical direction of the ground. But a long, short, and two stalactites growing sideways appeared to the left. The longer section of the stalactite growing laterally showed a slight downward sag and was slightly curved. The vertical section of the stalactite growing horizontally showed a squeeze to the left. The second photo is a horizontal stalactite photographed in parallel, and its back is a rock like a wall. The third photo shows that the stalactites are longer, and the downward curvature is slightly more obvious. You can see that stalactites melt in the rocks. It can flow, so I think the stalactites in the caves taken in the photos can flow, not the calculus formed by the dissolution of water and calcification. This section of stalactites is flowing from the melted rocks. I think that this stalactite that grows sideways flows downwards at the beginning. This stalactite has a downward 👇 break on the right side and a left 向 rotation state, indicating that the stalactite on the right side of the stalactite was The stalactites had already formed before the rocks had subsided and fractured. At the same time as the stalactites were formed, the rocks on the right side subsided and fractured. The stalactites that had been flowing vertically turned left by about 90 degrees due to the fracture of the rock base. The stalactites were forced to cross over because the stalactites cooled relatively quickly and because the stalactites had not been completely cooled, they were bent downward due to the gravity and waited until they had cooled. The stalactites grow horizontally. There is a section of stalactites growing upright at about 1 o'clock in the upper right corner of this photo of stalactites. This section of stalactites growing sideways points to the left about 9 o'clock and a half to your place. There is also a section of stalactites growing upright. So the question arises, why there are stalactites growing in two different directions in the same place in the cave. The reason why the professor of geography explained the stalactites growing in the horizontal direction is that the general external force is wind. What I understand is that when the cosmic rock forming this cave is a meteorite hitting this place due to high-speed operation, the high temperature generated will melt the meteorite and instantly flow to form stalactites, or this cave is like previous geological geologists thought that the crust due to geological changes The uplift, while the stalactites flowed, the meteorites on the right dangled and fractured. As the meteorite is still connected to the left side, it can only rotate to the left at will. In the process of rotating to the left, the already flowing stalactites cross over, and this is the lateral stalactite formed. Here is another problem. If this stalactite is produced in this way, it means that stalactites in other caves may be formed instantaneously or in a short period of time, instead of the flowing water that requires limestone to scour and melt to form stalactites. The fifth picture is that stalactites in another cave are curved and rare. I analyze that if stalactites grow for a long period of time, they will accumulate and grow vertically, but if they are bent, they are likely to flow momentarily because The stalactites accumulated under the tilt of the base were tilted due to softening, and because the stalactites on the top were traction and could not fall down until they cooled, the stalactites formed such a curve.

The formation your trying to describe is Helictites. The common accepted theory is capillary  forces for the unusual formation.

Calcite deposits don't form quickly nor is it a process of scouring. Water dissolves limestone. The resulting claim enriched water then distributes with the calcium.

Edited by Mordred