what makes solenoids push harder?

DARK0717

I know that solenoids are basically electro magnets with a coil around an iron core. So, what makes a solenoid push or retact harder, higher volts or amps, or both (watts)? and if not both then what do i do to make one push really really hard?

Also, how little electricity do piezos produce if i just use ambient noise to generate electricity from it?

Edited by DARK0717

4 hours ago, DARK0717 said:

I know that solenoids are basically electro magnets with a coil around an iron core. So, what makes a solenoid push or retact harder, higher volts or amps, or both (watts)? and if not both then what do i do to make one push really really hard?

The magnetic field is proportional to the current. But, for a given coil, the current will be proportional to voltage. So the simplest way of increase the current is to increase the voltage. 

On 1/31/2020 at 5:45 PM, Strange said:

The magnetic field is proportional to the current. But, for a given coil, the current will be proportional to voltage. So the simplest way of increase the current is to increase the voltage. 

Oh so i can simply just make a step up coil then connect it to the solenoid, then bam, goal achieved? 

• 2 weeks later...

The coil magnetic strength is proportional from multiplying Amperes times turns.  The force formula has d2 on denominator for the distance between the interacting magnetic poles (which can never be zero);  then, the closer they are, the stronger the push (or pull)

On 1/31/2020 at 5:28 AM, DARK0717 said:

Also, how little electricity do piezos produce if i just use ambient noise to generate electricity from it?

So little that it would be quite hard to measure.
The sound levels in an office are about 60 to  65 dB
That's something like 10 to 30 microwatts per square metre.

Edited by John Cuthber

On 2/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, Externet said:

The coil magnetic strength is proportional from multiplying Amperes times turns.  The force formula has d2 on denominator for the distance between the interacting magnetic poles (which can never be zero);  then, the closer they are, the stronger the push (or pull)

thanks

On 2/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, John Cuthber said:

So little that it would be quite hard to measure.
The sound levels in an office are about 60 to  65 dB
That's something like 10 to 30 microwatts per square metre.

oh, i see. Thanks