Ghost Video

herme3

I just found a ghost video online. It is at http://www.wimp.com/proof and it may take a little while to load. It has tons of pictures and videos that really look like ghosts. It explains many of these pictures in detail. It also has an experiment you can try that will allow you to see ghosts on your TV! Doesn't this prove that ghosts are real?

no.

they can all be explained by double-exposures, reflections, interestingly-shaped things which resemble people, shadows, and (in at least one case) cardboard cutouts.

actually, quite a few of them took quite a streach of imagination to see what was supposed to be the ghost...

Look, these are the 'ghost encounters'* that iv experienced in my life which spring to mind.

1/ ghost at window. turned out to be the net-curtains making an interesting shape because of the way they were hanging.

2/ ghost in tree: this one nearly made me poop my pants. i looked at a tree in my neighbors garden, and saw a perfectly formed face, which stayed there as i stared at it.

shifting from side to side, i could tell that it was just the leafs letting through the moon-light in a way which made it resemble a face, but viewed from a certain angle, it looked really like a face.

3/ reccuring one. Unlike the previouse two, i didnt actually (even momentaraly) consider this to be anything odd, just something which looked extremely ethereal.

basically, they were flying glowing golden things which sped with unnatural speed over the top of my house.

i saw them quite often, and always wondered what they were. eventually, i saw them one dusk, and they only glowed a little; they turned out to be birds, with reflective underbellies.. They looked like they were going really fast, 'cos the glow made it hard to judge their distance, and they seemed to be much higher than they were.

4/face at window. it was my mate, with his face pressed to the window waiting patiently for me to notice him so to scare me (which he did)

so, whenever someone says theyve seen a ghost, i always thing 'yeah right, youv seen something that made you jump and didnt stick around long enough to figure out what it actually was'.

and as for the footage: like i said, shadows, reflections, double-exposures and things which vaguely resemble people.

and cardboard cut-outs.

----------------------------------

* 'Ghost encounters' meaning odd things that made me go "omygodomygodwhatthehellisthatARGHitsagohstoitsacatphew" (excluding things iv seen whilst not sober or wilst extremely tired)

I think that some of those pictures look way too real to be anything you mentioned. What about the second picture of the dog? That is clearly a dog, but it was supposed to be dead... :eek:

Also, you never explained the video clips that show ghost-like objects in motion. How can you see the shape of a person walk across the room, when nobody is in the room? What about the sound clips? They sound just like human voices.

Also, you never explained the video clips that show ghost-like objects in motion. How can you see the shape of a person walk across the room, when nobody is in the room?

They looked suspiciously like shadows.

And to clarify, i dont mean shadows of a life, aka shades ie ghosts; i mean shadows as in abscence of light because someone is walking in front of a light sourse.

one of the still pictures, as your dad said, was a gravestone. another one was a tree. I absolutely swear that one of the first ones was a cardboard cut-out. Im also pretty sure that at least one of them was a living person.

Im not saying that ghosts dont exist, because I cannot be 100% sure that they dont -- but i will say that there is no evidence to suggest that ghosts exist, including the vidio that you linked to. All of the images are easaly explained by some non-supernatural means.

The ones where they zoom in on part of the picture, and the image is pixilated but suddenly becomes clear, are faked. You can't do that with a picture, unless you have already decided what it looks like, and process accordingly. So there's a face in the picture, because you've decided there is a face in the picture.

oi vey. Attempting to prove to a scientific community things that cannot be proven. believe them if you will. I'll just sit back and think you're very gullible, but don't try to prove them without actually using the scientific method. Random "occurences" such as these (especially since most of them are just blurred images... like the gravestone that's a man) are not proof by far. Come up with a hypothosis, test it, gather data, and draw OBJECTIVE conclutions from said data, and reformulate a hypothosis and start all over again. EVERYTHING in those videos (especially that last one) can be explained by tricks of the camera, most of which are unintentional. Others of which are explained by a person deciding what it is, then enhancing the picture by attempting to zoom and fill in the missing pixels to make a face or a shadowy figure.

Light plays funny games with cameras, video and still. Take a picture of the sun, and you notice that you don't get much besides a giant picture of bright light. But when you look at the sun it's a round yellow object! Cameras work differently than the human eye, thus things can appear in pictures that you cannot normally see. IF you wish to believe that these are ghosts, so be it. HOWEVER, please do not say that they are unless you have substantial proof of it.

They looked suspiciously like shadows.

And to clarify' date=' i dont mean shadows of a life, aka shades ie ghosts; i mean shadows as in abscence of light because someone is walking in front of a light sourse.

one of the still pictures, as your dad said, was a gravestone. another one was a tree. I absolutely swear that one of the first ones was a cardboard cut-out. Im also pretty sure that at least one of them was a living person.

Im not saying that ghosts dont exist, because I cannot be 100% sure that they dont -- but i will say that there is no evidence to suggest that ghosts exist, including the vidio that you linked to. All of the images are easaly explained by some non-supernatural means.[/quote']

It seems like there is absolutely no way that I can convince anyone that ghosts may possibly be real. I'm not expecting anyone to look at this video and say these are spirits of the dead. I just think you should consider this to be evidence of something we can't explain. No matter how much evidence there is, you think it is all fake. Why can't you stop thinking of these things as jokes, and realize that this could be evidence?

Scientists that don't believe in ghosts always say they want evidence. Once a type of evidence is provided, the scientists say it is fake. Why would anyone ask for evidence if they are just going to say it is fake when they see it?

The ones where they zoom in on part of the picture, and the image is pixilated but suddenly becomes clear, are faked. You can't do that with a picture, unless you have already decided what it looks like, and process accordingly. So there's a face in the picture, because you've decided there is a face in the picture.

That would be true if the pictures were raw data from the camera. However, these images were probably compressed for the video. The video is already 8 MB and takes about a minute to load on a cable modem. Can you imagine how long it would take to load the video if the images were not compressed?

I've compressed the pictures on my web sites too. If you downloaded an image from my web site, and zoomed in, the image would be pixilated. If you took the original image from my computer's hard drive, and zoomed in, the image would be much more clear.

I'm sure that in the video, they zoomed in on the original image and copied that into the video.

isn't it funny how you are told why it is fake and you still say it is unexplainable?

Yea. It is. He's saying it's evidence of ghosts, where it's more than likely just tricks of the camera. Probably mostly unintentional.

Compressed doesn't mean you make the picture smaller, it just means you change the data form so that it takes up less space on a hard-drive.

I agree with what herme says about the zoomage -- it could easaly be that they zoom in on a point and then superinpose a higher quality scan of that particullar area, rather than that they are making out that they are didgitally improving that particular area.

But all the same, they are not inexplicable; in fact they are very easaly explained, without resorting to ghosts.

Herme, its not as if ghosts are beating us around the heads with their corporeal hands, and we're stood there going "nope, must be a draught". the video footage really is poor and unconvinsing.

I just found a ghost video online. It is at http://www.wimp.com/proof[/url'] and it may take a little while to load. .............. Doesn't this prove that ghosts are real?

No, it proves that JKCinema likes to mock people like you. At least you could have read his 'about' page before distributing his spoof as evidence: -

http://www.jkcinema.com/about.asp

He. Makes. Them. For. Fun.

His website is full of them, if you want to have a look: -

http://www.jkcinema.com/gamesmov.asp?type=5

2/ ghost in tree: this one nearly made me poop my pants. i looked at a tree in my neighbors garden' date=' and saw a perfectly formed face, which stayed there as i stared at it.

shifting from side to side, i could tell that it was just the leafs letting through the moon-light in a way which made it resemble a face, but viewed from a certain angle, it looked [i']really[/i] like a face.

The brain actually has an entire center for recognizing human faces. This center is very sensitive to anything that resembles a face, and can make a face out of basically anything that comes in from the optical nerves. Also, the brain's tendency to try to make sense of things based on previous experiences could be the culprit of many alleged ghost sightings.