Genetic Cloning

LittleFish

Not sure if this is the correct topic area for this question and would like to be informed the appropriate location if I need to.

I am writing a fiction story that includes a very key aspect involving cloning and would like assistance if possible on the correct testing methods to get from point A to point Z. Since this is a sci-fi fiction story I am not worried about legal regulations or cost, but more so the most accurate explanation.

Subject zero is a dead corpse discovered of unknown origins (non-human), but has a humanoid appearance. The corpse has a high number of base pairs within its DNA, and the researches are working toward cloning this creature. Since the origin is unclear the researchers would need to perform tests to determine the closest genetic match to create a perfect clone. Also, the genetic makeup of this creature is quite compatible with a majority of other animals and humanoid creatures.  This is where I would like the best course in determining this and the process needed for its completion, assuming alien life-forms from other planets have been met and are in communication with.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mr./ Ms.Strange

Genome sequencing may be an appliable by splicing the genes with sunject zero with realitivly reconisable gene patterns with another animal say parent 1. You maybe able to quantify the development of an artifical embryo. An allow some respective genes to be left out through the first generation. This will allow the gustation of the original embryo from Subject zero and Parent 1.

Then slowly adding in the missing genes through generations 2 and 3. By this time you may have been able to map the genome  of daughter 3 and compare it to Subject zero's base broken genome. This will allo you to fill in the gaps through mutation and other reconizable physical genes that you see fit.

For the final generation you create that you feel is about 89% correct in shape and stance. Use the remants from Subject zero's genes to synthize and artifial zygote to mix with the final generations this will allow you to filter out the flaws and create a 99% accraute lifeform which we will call "Proto 1" for now, Please enjoy.

I redact the greeting on my original post i meant to say Dear Mr./Ms. Fish