Question about science article and its interpretation - radiation-mediated enucleation

Hi there,

Please see the following paragraph of the Book [I don't want to bias anyone so I can't post its name, will do after a few answers], and the relevant radiation-related claims in the research article (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1432-0436.1991.tb00872.x):

image.png.4f829017c436dc0efe6b858ac8333950.png

image.png.b654aaf294e573810a9904f3fa7ca6c6.pngimage.png.a74596dfd5ddddcacd708d6283dfbb6f.png

I tried looking up sources for gamma-radiation-mediated enucleation, but can't find any. And in the articles he/they don't talk about "absence of genes' or 'DNA destroyed'.

I think I have enough (lack) of evidence to say that the Book is misinterpreting/spinning the story, but wanted to check here just to be sure, before I accuse the Author of doing so.Because this is the main argument of the first 'scientific' chapter in the book.

Thanks in advance

-Dagl