Magnetism

Dr.Krumpet

It seems to me that current science does not understand magnetism, at all..

I've searched the internet for hours and still no hard solid explanation of what this phenomena is by valid sources, I've only found a certain person which seems to clearly explain it in the best way possible, I've read his book and its really amazing!

looks like science is currently wrong about what they think magnetism is so I want peoples opinion.

VIDEO DELETED

I've watched so many of his videos, and I've got to say!

I'm sorry but solid facts and much more has led me to discover the logical truth and how to use my brain and not only maths to understand what is actually happening in our universe! 

watch some of his videos and please let me know what you think and why you think what you think!

Edited by Strange
Removed video as we can do without that level of ignorance

24 minutes ago, Dr.Krumpet said:

I've searched the internet for hours and still no hard solid explanation of what this phenomena is by valid sources, I've only found a certain person which seems to clearly explain it in the best way possible, I've read his book and its really amazing!

I'd be interested to hear how he explains how an electromagent picks up  a scrap car in a scrapyard ?

Edited by studiot

!

Moderator Note

This garbage certainly does not belong in Science Education.

I will be generous and give you a chance to defend this. That means providing the math and or physical evidence to support these claims.

If your next post does not contain some science, the thread will be closed.

57 minutes ago, Dr.Krumpet said:

It seems to me that current science does not understand magnetism, at all..

Electromagnetism is rather well understood* within mainstream science at this time. Scientists have developed reliable models that predicts a large range of phenomenons. Engineers have applied the models resulting in a large amount of applications. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Krumpet said:

I've searched the internet for hours and still no hard solid explanation of what this phenomena is by valid sources.

You have joined a good forum to enhance your understanding. Members here will be happy to provide sources or descriptions at various levels of details. Just ask questions!

1 hour ago, Dr.Krumpet said:

watch some of his videos

Sorry, no. I prefer other sources.

A magnetic field is something you get when transforming an electric field into a moving frame.

What we have here is similar to Feynman being asked to explain it to someone who lacked a physics background. He said something like ”I can’t explain it in terms you will understand”

IOW there are concepts built on other concepts. In those cases, you need to understand the underlying material first.

edit: the whole thing is good IMO (he talks of the difficulty of answering "why" questions and the necessity of having some things be understood) but the part I was referencing starts at 6:00, and he touches upon it multiple times 

16 hours ago, swansont said:

A magnetic field is something you get when transforming an electric field into a moving frame.

What we have here is similar to Feynman being asked to explain it to someone who lacked a physics background. He said something like ”I can’t explain it in terms you will understand”

IOW there are concepts built on other concepts. In those cases, you need to understand the underlying material first.

edit: the whole thing is good IMO (he talks of the difficulty of answering "why" questions and the necessity of having some things be understood) but the part I was referencing starts at 6:00, and he touches upon it multiple times 

I have seen that video a few times, and thanks for your respectful answer (unlike another staff member🙄) . And yes I never said I did not have a Physics background... I've been doing physics most of my life, Its my passion and understanding magnetism is also my aspiration.

I do understand what Feynman is saying but in this case I do know about the current theories about magnetism, but I am questioning them because they are simply illogical. There are a lot of ways to describe the phenomena but there is one question to which I still haven't received an answer to. A magnet before it becomes a magnet is not a magnet.. its just a piece of iron boron, ceramic etc. its been seen that the quantitative nature of a magnet before it becomes a magnet is identical to after it becomes a magnet, so if the change is not quantitative then it has to be qualitative, so what is the qualitative attribute of a magnet? because it isn't quantitative!

Feynman also says "there are electrical forces, gravitational forces, magnetic forces" forces require energy and frequency gives rise to energy. 

Current science, quantum physics in general has a lot of definitions for things, they say the magnetic force is due to an exchange of "virtual photons". 

Quoting: "electrostatic and magnetic fields involve the exchange of "virtual" photons instead, very close to an electron is a cloud of virtual photons which are consistently being emitted and re-absorbed by an electron". 

That is a deeper explanation to the "magnetism is caused by the motion of electric charges". 

This is also contradictory because "virtual photons or virtual particles supposedly pop in and out of existence, but this also violates the law of conservation of energy!

This just goes into loops and loops! 

I still don't have an answer from anyone, except from the guy on the video, which seems to know what he talks about and makes more sense.

Thanks for your time!

!

Moderator Note

Almost every statement in your last post is wrong: there is a purely quantitative difference between a material being magnetised and not; virtual photons do not violate the conservation of energy; the "guy on the video" can only make sense to someone with zero knowledge of, and interest in, physics.

If all you can do is list all the things you don't know, rather than attempt to justify the claims in the vide, this thread is closed. Do not start another thread about those videos.

Feel free to start a thread in the Physics section where you can ask questions about electromagnetism and, perhaps, learn something. But if you use such a thread to say that physics is wrong, then that thread will be closed.

34 minutes ago, Dr.Krumpet said:

A magnet before it becomes a magnet is not a magnet.. its just a piece of iron boron, ceramic etc. its been seen that the quantitative nature of a magnet before it becomes a magnet is identical to after it becomes a magnet, so if the change is not quantitative then it has to be qualitative, so what is the qualitative attribute of a magnet? because it isn't quantitative!

It is quantitative. Feynman mentions this - it's having electron spins line up.

Feynman also says "there are electrical forces, gravitational forces, magnetic forces" forces require energy and frequency gives rise to energy. 

That's pretty sloppy for someone with a physics background. Forces do not require energy, work does. If there is no motion, or the motion is perpendicular to the force, no work is done. That's physics 101.

Current science, quantum physics in general has a lot of definitions for things, they say the magnetic force is due to an exchange of "virtual photons". 

Quoting: "electrostatic and magnetic fields involve the exchange of "virtual" photons instead, very close to an electron is a cloud of virtual photons which are consistently being emitted and re-absorbed by an electron". 

That is a deeper explanation to the "magnetism is caused by the motion of electric charges". 

This is also contradictory because "virtual photons or virtual particles supposedly pop in and out of existence, but this also violates the law of conservation of energy!

Someone versed in quantum physics would know about the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, and the time constraints this places on conservation of energy