Harry and Meghan

zapatos

17 minutes ago, MigL said:

I always assumed members of the Royal family were citizens of ALL Commonwealth countries.
And wouldn't the best representative of the Queen in Canada be her very grandson ?

Assumption is  a dangerous quality.I assumed I would be more or less happily welcomed into Canada as I was from the UK.

But I answered the totally unexpected "have you ever taken drugs?" question truthfully and was refused entry (from  the USA).

Many years ago...

I also would assume that  members of the Royal family  would be especially  persona grata in Commonwealth countries but perhaps this is not so now(if it ever was)

Still I agree that ,as a representative of the Queen he should fit the bill although  perhaps some  Canadians might prefer to keep a distance from  that sort of an entanglement and might feel that a ceremonial Queen is enough.

Certainly in the UK the term "hangers on" is quite easily applied to outer members of the Royal family.

5 minutes ago, geordief said:

Many years ago...

Must have been.
Entry into the US from Canada is much more difficult these days,when drugs are involved.
We Canadians are pretty well baked most of the time since weed was legalized.
( just kidding, I don't even smoke regular cigarettes )