I finally found an accurate article on the speed of universal expansion

Angelo

15 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Actually I said, "There were no observations that the universe was expanding at 5 times light speed 20 years ago."

In fact, I was wrong. (This often happens,) we have never observed anything receding at 5 times light speed. The greatest distance we can ever observe corresponds to a recessional speed of just over 3 times light speed (if I remember correctly). And we have never observed anything at that distance. 

Mans when I said “always” I obviously meant “always since the expansion was discovered”. Not since the Stone Age. Because that would be silly. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

In fact, I was wrong. (This often happens,) we have never observed anything receding at 5 times light speed. The greatest distance we can ever observe corresponds to a recessional speed of just over 3 times light speed (if I remember correctly). And we have never observed anything at that distance. 

Mans when I said “always” I obviously meant “always since the expansion was discovered”. Not since the Stone Age. Because that would be silly. 

3.23 at Z=1090

Edited by Mordred

7 minutes ago, iNow said:

All of it. He’s just trying to get a rise out of folks. 

Well it never ceases to amaze me how many posters that rail against mainstream physics go through such effort to make themselves look like idiots.

34 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Can you accept that Einstein was not correct about everything and that unfortunately too many people do not accept this

!

Moderator Note

Nobody here has claimed otherwise, and support for claims can’t just be a video - you need to summarize  the material here (rule 2.7)

Further, Einstein being wrong about one thing does not mean he was wrong on any other specific issue. IOW, a rebuttal of one claim does not rebut a different claim. 

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry of Yore said:

@Mordred, I followed your link and it appears to be broken.  Do you have an alternative?  Looks interesting.  Thanks.

http://www.einsteins-theory-of-relativity-4engineers.com/LightCone7/LightCone.html

I've been trying to get a hold of the programmer to find out if they have an up to date link. I just discovered it was broken 2 days ago.Jorrie still hasn't responded to my email. 

Edited by Mordred