The fabric of spacetime is a single FIVE-dimensional manifold

4D-Math

Four dimensions of space and One dimension of time
This allows for frames of reference to scale and hold the speed of light to be the same no matter the time dilation.
Early in this video it demonstrates what we perceive as 3D scale is actually 4D
https://youtu.be/4URVJ3D8e8k?t=190

Is gravity weak because mass from 3D objects are not as potent to a 4D spacetime fabric?

I think this has something to do with cosmic voids expanding. It seems when spacetime doesn't have mass in a region ..it collapses in on itself ..we can't see it because it's 4D.

Does this imply the Cyclic model is triggered when spacetime is allowed to completely collapse in on itself? Would all the atoms in the universe coming together be grounds for a new big bang? Is the big bang, the biggest atom bomb possible?

Are black holes unobservable because they are 4D?

What does the information paradox say about matter being sent to a 4th dimension?

What does gamma rays escaping black holes tell us about the real 4D shape of a black hole?

A black hole is gathering 3D mass and making it 4D mass. Does this have something to do with how a black hole begins? If we could generate 4D mass, would it automatically start a black hole? Does this explain why cosmic voids do the opposite of what black holes do?

Does the force of a giant star collapsing allow 3D mass to sneak into the 4th dimension ..creating 4D mass?

I can void everything above with one definition.

In physics a dimension is defined the same as mathematics. 

An independant variable or other mathematical object Ie a tensor.

The coordinates (t,x,y,z) can each change in value without changing any other value. We can certainly perceive higher dimensions such as time changing at a specific 3d coordinate so we can certainly perceive 4D or even higher dimensions under the physics definition  of a dimension.

PS spacetime fabric is an analogy to describe the worldline paths. That the real meaning behind spacetime curvature it is describing the freefall paths or worldline of massless and massive particles.

Edited by Mordred

2 hours ago, 4D-Math said:

Humans can not literally see anything in 4D. Yes, we can see math that supports it.

Funny I can observe time by observing the rate of change in everyday events. That's what time is a measure of rate of change or duration. Hence the coordinate ct. Which gives time a unit of length via the interval.

So your wrong we can observe time. It is that observation that allows us to test General relativity and led to the mathematics through observation.

!

Moderator Note

Just noticed the OP is banned as a sock puppet. 

Edited by Mordred

The (1,3)-dimensionality of spacetime has a fairly privileged character, you can’t just add or take away macroscopic dimensions, and still expect everything to work as before. Adding an extra macroscopic spatial dimension would be really bad news - there would no longer be any inverse square laws; gravitational orbits would be unstable; electromagnetism would no longer be described by Maxwell’s laws; atomic orbitals would look very different or not exist at all; and so on. 

1 hour ago, Markus Hanke said:

The (1,3)-dimensionality of spacetime has a fairly privileged character, you can’t just add or take away macroscopic dimensions, and still expect everything to work as before. Adding an extra macroscopic spatial dimension would be really bad news - there would no longer be any inverse square laws; gravitational orbits would be unstable; electromagnetism would no longer be described by Maxwell’s laws; atomic orbitals would look very different or not exist at all; and so on. 

Lol its amazing how many Speculators never look into all the relevant relations to other formulas. 

Who said anything about "macroscopic" dimensions? The fabric of spacetime is Four dimensions of space and One dimension of time. We are 3D spacetime objects living inside it.
Yes, Time is a dimension ..that's not what this thread is about. Watch the video. If spacetime is 4D + Time ..we only see the parts that are 3D.

Edited by 5D-Math

It allows frames of reference to scale ..we know it is doing this because the speed of light is the same in time dilation zones. It makes cosmic voids expand. It makes black holes contract. It gives an answer to the big bang. Don't come at me with Macroscopic ..this extra dimension is bigger than everything else.

I'll humor you until you're banned again...

'Bigger than everything else' IS macroscopic.

I'll use Marcus' simplest example.
Four LARGE spatial dimensions means anything that spreads out 'spherically' will follow an inverse cube law, not an inverse square law.
Where do you see evidence of this happening ????

28 minutes ago, 5D-Math said:

Don't come at me with Macroscopic ..this extra dimension is bigger than everything else.

Incorrect.

You seem to be rather persistent. Have you though about how much you could learn (from members here) about physics if you tried to listen to what the mainstream have to provide?

1 minute ago, Ghideon said:

Incorrect.

You seem to be rather persistent. Have you though about how much you could learn (from members here) about physics if you tried to listen to what the mainstream have to provide?

!

Moderator Note

I blame the new voice recognition. People can now post without using their fingers for typing, so they keep them firmly stuck in their ears., 

Thread closed, sockpuppet banned, lost potential weeped over.