A mass can be be lifted with force less than its weight

awaterpon

On 4/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, swansont said:

"Using Newton's Laws" and "using Newton's laws correctly" are two different claims.  There is no "alternative mass" and "alternative acceleration" This is just an excuse to do the analysis incorrectly.

The concept is not just F=ma but also include gravitational  equation F=GMm/r^2 If I push a wall with force "F" and got acceleration "a" then "m" will be my alternative mass: 
F=ma , m=F/a
There must be gravity force that opposes  when I lift myself so I can use this  mass in the gravitational equation to get the small force of gravity on me that the scale shows or my alternative weight.
F=GMm/r^2
Where F is my alternative weight and m is my alternative mass

And the minimum force I lift my body with equals my alternative weight

On 4/13/2021 at 1:32 PM, Ghideon said:

Apply* Newton's laws F=ma (2nd law) and when an object A exerts a force on object B, then object B must exert a force of equal magnitude and opposite direction back on object A (3rd law). You will find that the mass is always m, or in other words, that the ratio m/m1=1. Your definition will result in F1=F, m1=m and a1=a or an unphysical situation according to Newton.

I may get some time to post an example later if you wish.

*) correctly applying them that is.

If I push a rock in space I can treat my mass as a smaller mass "alternative mass " but when the rock pushes me I will treat my mass as the actual mass. Both forces are equal.

Edited by awaterpon

1 hour ago, awaterpon said:

If I push a rock in space I can treat my mass as a smaller mass "alternative mass " but when the rock pushes me I will treat my mass as the actual mass. Both forces are equal.

You seem to describe something not physically possible: one object with two different accelerations at the same time. Please clarify.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:23 PM, studiot said:

+1

Thanks for the response I was hoping someone would try it as I have never put anything on youtube before.
It did say something about private and then something about waiting a day whilst it 'processed' when I asked to make it public. That dfay has now passed.

But I really don't know what I am doing so welcome all the help I can get.

I PM you with some suggestions.

Edited by awaterpon