Restoring Erectile Nerves with Sonic Hedgehog Protein

Following any kind of prostate surgery, nerves responsible for erection are commonly damaged.

Sonic Hedgehog protein (what a name) can supposedly speed up the regeneration of these nerves, but it apparently has to be delivered through a nanofiber hydrogel.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5578182/

This is something which I've never heard of being commonly prescribed... would have no idea about how to apply to get this treatment.

Edited by nrguidelines

5 hours ago, nrguidelines said:

Following any kind of prostate surgery, nerves responsible for erection are commonly damaged.

Not as much as in the past.  The new robotic surgeries have made remarkable strides in avoiding damage ( as verified by personal experience)

58 minutes ago, OldChemE said:

Not as much as in the past.  The new robotic surgeries have made remarkable strides in avoiding damage ( as verified by personal experience)

Very good to hear. However as for injections into the prostate- if I'm not mistaken, there can still be some risk of damage, partially due to how it's not an extremely common procedure and often done outside of insurance policies.

10 hours ago, nrguidelines said:

However as for injections into the prostate- if I'm not mistaken, there can still be some risk of damage,

No shit...

10 hours ago, nrguidelines said:

if I'm not mistaken, there can still be some risk of damage, partially due to how it's not an extremely common procedure and often done outside of insurance policies.

they couldn't pay...

13 hours ago, nrguidelines said:

Would you like to be productive and contribute to how to obtain the treating protein in OP? If it's all so obvious.

You would need to wait a decade or two (or more) for it to go through clinical trials and be approved for use (if either of those things ever happen).

• 4 weeks later...