Another Twist in the Issue of Sexual Predators

Pangloss

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am comparing my manager to the whole situation with authority trying to take care of any problem. My manager has completely abandoned rational solutions that have anything to do with reality. Instead, he blames the idiot who is running the grill, and that's me. No matter what someone does to screw me up, it's always my fault because there is some undefined thing that is wrong with me. I am either incapable or unwilling to "comply" with my instructions, even though when I receive instructions, what makes sense can't be done.

The people who would solve problems by forcing others to comply with their wishes, on pain of death and destruction, need to stop. They are making it worse, just the way they made my job impossible.

life isn't fair.

if that were the case, i could accuse my mother of doing the same thing concerning myself and my sisters. i end up getting blamed for everything. but that's just the way the cookie crumbles and there isn't anything i can do about it, so i don't bother.

This manager has decided to treat as willful disobedience every case of inability to get certain jobs done. Then he has made it impossible for those jobs to be done.

I am firmly convinced that "society" has made it impossible to comply with its demands and it treating failure to comply as willful disobedience. Even requiring such obedience oversteps boundaries. Treating human failings as disobedience compounds the crime against humans.

In all of this, "society" has not given me good reasons to obey. The two reasons it has given me are these: "Society" wants it a certain way regardless of what is right or wrong. "Society" will destroy me if I do not comply, and it does not care if I comply because I am unable, because the demands are physically impossible. "Society" will treat noncompliance as willful disobedience regardless.

Then I find that the protections that have been promised me are not accessible to me.

i'm lost and failing to understand your point. sorry.

All I can do is try to say it in clear sentences, because that was a little foggy:

Society oversteps its bounds in the first place by demanding blind obedience.

Society compounds the error by making disobedience the worst crime.

It further compounds the error by treating inability to meet its demands as willful disobedience. It does not matter to many of the enforcers whether the inability to obey is caused by psychological problems, physical problems, or by the impossibility or wrongness of the demands.

Society makes its protections unavailable to anyone it has identified as an offender or a potential offender. These include the protection of people who are innocent, falsely accused, or who have paid their "debt."

Society is often run by criminals and idiots.

All I can do is try to say it in clear sentences' date=' because that was a little foggy:

Society oversteps its bounds in the first place by demanding blind obedience.

Society compounds the error by making disobedience the worst crime.

It further compounds the error by treating inability to meet its demands as willful disobedience. It does not matter to many of the enforcers whether the inability to obey is caused by psychological problems, physical problems, or by the impossibility or wrongness of the demands.

Society makes its protections unavailable to anyone it has identified as an offender or a potential offender. These include the protection of people who are innocent, falsely accused, or who have paid their "debt."

Society is often run by criminals and idiots.[/quote']

In general, your comments are true, because no society or entity is perfect. I can think of several instances where the physical, psychological or other factors are considered for crimes. Mental retardation, age, intent, etc.

It is difficult to protect society without crushing individual rights, no doubt. It is an endless debate how much our rights should be infringed to insure the safety of ourselves.

In the specific case of sexual predators, since they seem to have a psychological problem, we cannot assume that they will no longer be a threat to society. Of course the problem has been hyped and people lumped together. Homosexuals are lumped together with pedophiles, etc. Similar to racism, these discriminations must be fought. Still, I think safety of society overrides the rights of the pedophile. If they are a threat and allowed to live within society, then we should know about it.

Well, yeah, the rights of society override the rights of the pedophile if he actually is a pedophile, actually committed a crime, and so on. At the same time, if all we're getting for "pedophiles" are people who have sex with teenagers, people who view Tracy Lords movies, people who may have fondled someone, and especially people who are fingered by psychoneurotics and never get a fair hearing because of the hysteria, it is time to strongly consider the possibility that the laws are useless.

BenSon, yes, I can deal with those people. There are illegal means which are still beneath me. The legal means, which I will use, will still lose me my job. As far as I am concerned, walking away is sometimes the only way to deal with it. The people who I am dealing with are not above using illegal means. One of the instigators has been part of an ongoing theft ring in this county in the U.S. for at least twenty years. His family has also instigated numerous violent incidents in this town, and he's been in on this since he was nine years old. Considering his relationship with another of the instigators, that has to make two of them even if the other one doesn't go with them on their toolshed raids. The one who doesn't go with them on their raids is a pathological liar and not worth my time to try to untangle any mess that she might make.

Pathological liars have got to rate number one in anoying list of people. How hard is it for you to find another job? Sounds like a small town so that could be hard. I suppose living in the city does have a few advantages...very few.

In this case knowledge is key only to saving myself from dying or going to jail. The job is dead and its corpse is starting to stink. Time to bury it and move on. I'm perfectly comfortable with leaving that workplace with a bunch of thieves, whores, and jailbirds. It's not my job to clean it up. Not my manager, not my job, not my problem.

Good for you, why should it be your responsibilty to do anything?

Little hitlers running around on power trips is pretty much the subject of this thread now. I still say that we need to take away most of their toys because there is no chance on Earth that they will play nice. Let them have more power they will hurt us more. They continually ask for more power to fix things that become worse and worse. On the level of a job, a manager follows this pattern to try to fix things by becoming more and more threatening to the worker who he perceives as having a problem. He interferes more and more with the worker's work. He decreases the worker's productivity more and more. He threatens the worker for poor productivity, then he carries out those threats. His "power" makes him oblivious to the injury he does and uncaring. The manager can't win, so he can't stop hurting the worker. The worker can't win, and he can't do his work.

Oh trust me I know exactly where your coming from, but tell me where are you going to find anywhere that is drasticaly different? I mean you will probly find a job with a less degenerate group and that will make a big difference to the comfort of your job....But the core problem will still be there, I hope you can find a different place but I dont like your odds sorry to sound pessimistic but i think its true.

~Scott

Well, what exactly is the "core problem", BenSon? Do I have too much dedication to my job? Do I do it too well? Do I show up too often and and on time? I just don't click with workplace bullies, this is true. These people are usually looking for a target. I've been reading of cases where the same person or persons do this to one person after another in the same position. I have been in better places before.

There is a very strong parallel here that I think holds true. Workplace bullies attack people in unfair ways that are directed at their ability to work, and at their ability to make decisions. Any law enforcement pretty much does the same thing, and in either case, when it's unfair, it produces a lot more fear which further degrades the ability of the victim to make decisions. It does the same thing to people who witness this behavior and fear that they are next. At any time that the penalties involved become irrational, vindictive, or applied unequally and unfairly, people further lose any way to rationally connect the "discipline" with reality.

This really isn't right. Anyone who enters a game in which he is penalized for crossing the line has the right to expect others to play by the rules. In basketball touching the ball carrier is a foul, for example. However, whenever I attempted to play basketball and I was carrying the ball, the referee was blind to the fact that an opponent would simply shove me out of bounds. They always did this to me and the referee never called them on it. In this kind of case, and in a case where the bully shoves me over the line, like forcing me to cry out in class when the teacher has ordered me to be quiet, what exactly is my fault? Is this some kind of black magic thing?

The movement against pedophilia operates by deliberately deranging people's ability to judge their own actions or where the line is. It may be clear to those people whose perceptions have not been altered, but there is a mentally foggy area where a lot of people have been placed. You think it's simple, but we are talking about people who have been forced into another space. They have been forced to dissociate from reality to begin with by denying that they have been bullied. They have been forced at least partially to accept false self-images, like they have already been damned, like this is what society really wants them to do (not that I'm sure this is false), like they are already perverts and just don't know it yet. They are aware of the violence that so-called society directs against individuals for no good reason because, really, very few people are fooled all the time. They are aware of the lack of credibility that "society" has outside of its guns and knives.

Somewhere along the way laws against certain behavior begin to provoke that very behavior, I think. This is certainly true with the anti-drug laws. It was true with the prohibition of alcohol. The unhealthy obsessions with these behaviors led people to rebel, even if unconsciously. In the case of pedophilia it would be easy to see that they were right to rebel if you could sympathize with the view that they were facing something that is even more rotten. The authorities can babble on and on about how they are trying to improve human behavior and that makes it all right, but placing people under constant attack, deliberately wounding their innocence, corrupts them. Knowing some of them, that's exactly what they want to do. The most corrupt are also the most domineering. They are just bullies and should be dealt with as such.

While pedophilia is a crime, it has been for the most part imposed institutionally upon ethic minorities for the purpose of covert genocidal warfare as a deliberate planned military act. Individual cases are just the fallout from massive campaigns which tacitly approve of such abuse for the oppressors (White man).

But the forces of world domination perpetrate far greater crimes against ethnic groups, such as systematic murder of educated classes, poisoning of food supplies, destruction of economies, and mass starvation, and incitement of local tribal wars, and large scale pollution of water, bio-chemical covert operations, disruption and sabotage of local self-government, and landmines for children.

These campaigns help discredit classes of people. Not that I don't think that the Catholic Church needs a lot of that, but I really can't believe a lot that is said about Africans to make it look like they are a bunch of diseased jungle animals. With the Church it is a mere "purging of the ranks" and an excuse to ban homosexuals. With other groups it opens them up to attacks that destroy their reputations and their persons.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just curious. Due to recent events have any of your opinions of sexual predators going to separate shelters changed?

This came up in Florida when Katrina hit just over a week ago. It was only a Category 1 and there was no mandatory evacuation, but I believe it was stated that sexual predators were to be denied entrance to the two hurricane shelters that were opened. What I have not yet found is anything stating whether the prisons were opened for them. (That was the order that was given, so I assume it was carried out, but I've not yet heard if there were any issues, if anyone took them up on the offer, and so forth.)

I'm afraid even the local news has been dominated by Katrina's second strike up on the gulf coast, so it may be some time before we get the full story there. But I am keeping an eye out for it.

In fact, I think I'll write a couple of reporters I know and see if they heard anything along those lines.

I'm just curious. Due to recent events have any of your opinions of sexual predators going to separate shelters changed?

I hope every mayor and governor reviews there emergency response plans after this event. If they can't plan and execute the basics, they don't need to worry about details like the above.