Another Twist in the Issue of Sexual Predators

Pangloss

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe you all told me that becoming a police officer (or something of that sort) would do nothing and wouldn't help the situation.

however' date=' the more non-corrupt officers we have, the less the corrupt ones affect people, right? so if i am a non-corrupt officer and i do my job well and try to stop the corruption, i would be doing a LOT of good.

so why is it that i "wouldn't help" anything?

and what exactly is this prescribed medicine supposed to be?[/quote']

Even being a non-corrupt police officer won't help the situation. The theory that you can force better behavior out of poeple is itself corrupt. People just take it underground and threaten their victims into silence. Since it really isn't about overt sexual acts, there is more than one way to take it underground. No matter what you do, you will be unable to have any real effect on the abuse that goes on that generates more and more child molesters. You will even contribute to that abuse as part of your job. The harder you work the worse it will get. Under no circumstances will you be allowed to change it for the better.

Yeah that works if you're superman' date=' infiltrating the ring of corrupt cops. That way when they try to shoot you in the back at a stakeout, the bullets bounce off.

Just ask John Kennedy how effective that is.

Dealey Plaza

It's not even that. I'm not afraid of the bullets. People can usually kill you with anywhere between one bullet and however many they use to make sure, so there is little to be afraid of. What I am afraid of is this pattern of deliberate degradation in which people persuade you, a little bit at a time, to become more and more rotten inside.

It's also your decision whether you want to maintain blind, faith-based adherence to those points of view that happen to be identical to yours, without ever challenging or critiquing those assertions in any way (by, for example, asking them to back it up).

One thing Thomas might agree with me on is that for some reason we seem to have developed (at least in my country) a sense of needing to belong to a specific socio-political group. Many people, once associated with that group, cannot find it within themselves to question any position of that group. Ironically, if you ask them specifics, they will often state positions that are in direct contradiction to the more common positions of their socio-political group, but the individual just wasn't aware of those positions. When the contradiction is pointed out, they are faced with a conundrum, and must either change their position to comply with the socio-political group, or re-think their decision about blindly identifying themselves with that group in the first place (and either way they have to face the fact that they made a major mistake).

It's a shame, really. Such a waste of time and effort. But I see it all the time. It's just easier for people, I think. Besides, if they're confronted, they can always just toss their hands in the air and say "hey, politics ain't my thang", as if that were actually a logical, sensible position.

This is just another one of the many good reasons why people should back up their assertions in debate. Otherwise you're just screaming ideologies at one another, and demanding to know why the other guy isn't adhering to "common sense". What's the point in that?

Let's put it another way. I'm tired of talking and I can't stop running my mouth right now. As best I can, I should wind it down and find some way to let myself let the world go to hell without my input. The only use that this world has had for my input was so that people could listen, then turn around and use it as an excuse to hurt and destroy me. This is hopefully the last day that I ever say anything intelligent to anyone.

The question is, why do I care? Why do I waste my energy like this? It is hurting me. I am doing it to myself. The one redeeming feature is that just one time, when someone says "you did it to yourself", I actually did to it to myself. I can't stand to smoke tobacco or use alcohol. Just to maintain any congruency with reality, I actually have to do something to myself and this has to be it because there's nothing else that I can do except overeat.

The question is, why do I care? Why do I waste my energy like this? It is hurting me. I am doing it to myself. The one redeeming feature is that just one time, when someone says "you did it to yourself", I actually did to it to myself. I can't stand to smoke tobacco or use alcohol. Just to maintain any congruency with reality, I actually have to do something to myself and this has to be it because there's nothing else that I can do except overeat.

Thomas Kirby, from all your posts and especially this last one, I can conclude that your a sad individual who is against....well....almost everything. I think something has to change in your life and for starters it should be your attitude.

Some parts of your posts interested me, but then it started getting dark fast. You should seek some help. I have a clock watching physco that isn't helping me, but maybe he can help you.

You seem too smart a person to let your mind go to waste or say something that will get you some warnings. I would be interested in hearing more of what you have to say, but only after you have cleared your mind.

Bettina

How can a clock watching shrink do anything for me?

My biggest problem is trying to solve problems that humans don't want solved and will punish me for trying to solve. If I quit trying to do that, problem solved.

I am against a lot of things because they are in essence destructive. People don't seem to understand the difference between constructive and destructive. They hugely want to "correct" "what's wrong" instead of bringing out the beauty in life. Destructive activities have wide-reaching effects that do damage the beauty and wonder.

so we drop all the laws and police and all live in flowers and joy?

even if you take away the people that enforce the laws, there are most certainly still going to be people who commit bad acts, if not more of them.

what are we to do with sex offenders if there are no laws or police? pat them on the head and give them a cookie? that's not going to help anything. they'll still hurt people, taking the joy away from all of the people they hurt.

so really, it's the offenders that TAKE AWAY the beauty of life, not the police.

Thats a shame I was enjoying your point of view I have been following this thread but keeping silent (mostly).

My biggest problem is trying to solve problems that humans don't want solved and will punish me for trying to solve. If I quit trying to do that, problem solved.

Wrong, don't you even listen to what you say?

~Scott

Thomas,

I've read the first half of this thread then leapt to the end. There were portions of what you were saying that resonated with me, if I understood you correctly.

You appear to be suggesting that the western society is currently engaged in a 'witch hunt' against targets that include pedophiles and sex offenders (and I would add terrorists). This is accompanied by a hysteria that means many innocent individuals, and many innocent of lesser crimes, are branded with a title that puts them beyond the pale. If that is at the heart of what you are saying I can agree with you. If that was your central message I think you might have found others would have been readier to agree if you had not mixed that message up with so much preaching about hatred and the like.

Well, I don't like the way I've been talking back to people. I'm sure that some of them feel perfectly justified in saying things that sound to me like accusations and I'm just being too sensitive.

My central message is in more than one part. There is indeed the witchhunt that Ophiolite talks about. I also think that the crime and punishment thing has worn out any usefulness that it may have had. The destruction that the current program causes has gone much too far already and that makes me feel hopeless when I think about it and talk about it.

There is a lot of hatred involved. What am I supposed to do, ignore it?

Benson, people at work have recently chucked me down a well, metaphorically speaking, and have thrown rocks down it. It is apparently because of my attitude that I am smarter than everyone else. Because of that attitude, I don't have an income. Even when I don't say one word about my agendas, and at work no one has a clue what they are, except to mind my own business and stay out of everyone else's, I have an "attitude." I am struggling to come up with any sort of emotional or intellectual accommodation to this situation, and I can't. It's unreal. It's something I have to deal with if I want an income, and somehow I have to deal with it even if I don't open my mouth. It's driven me to complete burnout three times in the last week. I couldn't work anymore.

Benson, people at work have recently chucked me down a well, metaphorically speaking, and have thrown rocks down it. It is apparently because of my attitude that I am smarter than everyone else. Because of that attitude, I don't have an income. Even when I don't say one word about my agendas, and at work no one has a clue what they are, except to mind my own business and stay out of everyone else's, I have an "attitude." I am struggling to come up with any sort of emotional or intellectual accommodation to this situation, and I can't. It's unreal. It's something I have to deal with if I want an income, and somehow I have to deal with it even if I don't open my mouth. It's driven me to complete burnout three times in the last week. I couldn't work anymore.

That sucks but lets not turn this thread into a pity party, Your not the only one who has to deal with little hitlers running around on power trips.

Your pretty a prety keyed in guy I think you can deal with these people, after all knowledge is the key to success.

You're old enough some people say

To read the signs and walk away

~Scott

BenSon, yes, I can deal with those people. There are illegal means which are still beneath me. The legal means, which I will use, will still lose me my job. As far as I am concerned, walking away is sometimes the only way to deal with it. The people who I am dealing with are not above using illegal means. One of the instigators has been part of an ongoing theft ring in this county in the U.S. for at least twenty years. His family has also instigated numerous violent incidents in this town, and he's been in on this since he was nine years old. Considering his relationship with another of the instigators, that has to make two of them even if the other one doesn't go with them on their toolshed raids. The one who doesn't go with them on their raids is a pathological liar and not worth my time to try to untangle any mess that she might make.

In this case knowledge is key only to saving myself from dying or going to jail. The job is dead and its corpse is starting to stink. Time to bury it and move on. I'm perfectly comfortable with leaving that workplace with a bunch of thieves, whores, and jailbirds. It's not my job to clean it up. Not my manager, not my job, not my problem.

Little hitlers running around on power trips is pretty much the subject of this thread now. I still say that we need to take away most of their toys because there is no chance on Earth that they will play nice. Let them have more power they will hurt us more. They continually ask for more power to fix things that become worse and worse. On the level of a job, a manager follows this pattern to try to fix things by becoming more and more threatening to the worker who he perceives as having a problem. He interferes more and more with the worker's work. He decreases the worker's productivity more and more. He threatens the worker for poor productivity, then he carries out those threats. His "power" makes him oblivious to the injury he does and uncaring. The manager can't win, so he can't stop hurting the worker. The worker can't win, and he can't do his work.

I think that this is a really good analogy to the sex offender situation.