Scalpel sizes

StringJunky

If your blades are No.4 versions I doubt it. The fitment has a difference size and it would be tricky to get a secure fit. I only got a No.4 here, but from foggy memory the fitting blades were No.9-17. For No.4 scalpels the blades would be No. 18 and up (there are some outside the range no. but there would be no overlap due the shape of the fitment).

1 hour ago, CharonY said:

If your blades are No.4 versions I doubt it. The fitment has a difference size and it would be tricky to get a secure fit. I only got a No.4 here, but from foggy memory the fitting blades were No.9-17. For No.4 scalpels the blades would be No. 18 and up (there are some outside the range no. but there would be no overlap due the shape of the fitment).

I have size 10 blades for  a No.3 handle  according to their wrappers. Looks like I'll be buying a No.3 handle. Cheers.

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

I have size 10 blades for  a No.3 handle  according to their wrappers. Looks like I'll be buying a No.3 handle. Cheers.

What are you planning to disect Stringy. Should I be worried? :P 

3 hours ago, StringJunky said:

I'm going to be an amateur brain surgeon. It's part of  a relative's model aircraft christmas present.

Cool, never thought about putting a relative's brain into a model aircraft. But now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense.

4 hours ago, StringJunky said:

LOL! That would be terrible.We'll end up like the US and mortgaging away our lives to pay for our treatment.

Pssh! If you make profit your focus, you'll be able to afford private healthcare when the new NHS fails. Same thing works for the public education system, and if you do them both at the same time, people become too ignorant to care about their health. They'd probably never notice your scalpel wasn't right.

4 hours ago, CharonY said:

Cool, never thought about putting a relative's brain into a model aircraft. But now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense.

I have an Uncle Stu who'd make a great wide body airliner.

3 hours ago, Mordred said:

Brings new meaning to being high lol.

Altitude and hobby glue. Sounds a lot like Uncle Stu.

1 hour ago, CharonY said:

You may want to take a look here. They got an overview of the various sizes, if you need it.

Wish I'd seen that before I bought. Thanks. I have a YNR handle. Will Swann Morton stuff fit that? Are sizes standard across makers? My size 10 blades are Swanns.

26 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Thanks. I have a YNR handle. Will Swann Morton stuff fit that?

Generally surgery equipment have standardized fitting sizes. So unless they are really a off-brand knock off they should have the same dimensions.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, StringJunky said:

LOL! That would be terrible.We'll end up like the US and mortgaging away our lives to pay for our treatment.

Just found this video. Brits learn US healthcare prices...

"so if you are poor, you're dead"...

Welcome to hell on Earth..

13 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Just found this video. Brits learn US healthcare prices...

"so if you are poor, you're dead"...

Welcome to hell on Earth..

The telling one for me on the difference is when he asks how much to call an ambulance and the other person asks if there is a price for that.