Do human (or mammalian) cells have intra-cellular defences against viral infection?

Dagl1

Hi, 

As the question says, I am wondering if eukaryotic (mammalian) cells such as endothelial cells (or whatever really) have intra-cellular defences against viral infection. I mean specifically if 1 cell infected with viral stuff (protein, RNA, DNA), can it neutralise this  threat and continue to live and function afterwards.

I am aware of TLR's being able to increase Interferon production, but that influences the viral response of the body as far as I understand, not the survival chance of the individual cell.
Apoptosis is of course not what I mean, nor is the slowdown/shutdown of translation through kinases that recognise viral RNA/DNA. 

I suppose something with a similar final result as CRISPR/Cas in bacteria, although possibly through other means. Is there possibly targeted microRNA-like things that are produced similar to how RNA-induced silencing (RITS) uses the targeted mRNA for production of new siRNA? (see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC544066/ RNA-dependent RNA polymerase is an essential component of a self-enforcing loop coupling heterochromatin assembly to siRNA production)

Thank you in advance!

-Dagl