Distant Cousin of the Elephant Seal Found Washed Up on Chinese Shores?

Kyrisch

It looks like a basking shark to me. They look weird when the rot, the nose is left protruding when the sides of the mouth rot off. But that's just my opinion, see what you think.

Fresh Basking Shark: -

DeadBaskingShark.jpg

Slightly Rotten Basking Shark:-

heulforgi_2.jpg

Chinese hulk:-

176184.jpg

Very Decomposed Basking Shark: -

242basking_shark.jpg

Last Reminants of Basking Shark: -

skelton-all.JPG

I can make out the bulbous nose that was the basis of the theory that it was related to the elephant seal, but the rest of the body in the photograph is too ambiguous to tell for sure what it is. It could very well be a new species, seeing as less than five percent of all the oceans have been seen, let alone officially explored.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and rots away like a duck, then ninety five percent of the oceans must contain monsters ^_^

I'm probably wrong about what it actually is, but I'm guessing it was a common fish before it started to rot and look weird.

I'm probably wrong about what it actually is, but I'm guessing it was a common fish before it started to rot and look weird.

I don't know where you live, but here, common fish aren't twelve meters long... And they don't miraculously grow ten meters during the decomposing stage.

Why is it that you never see clear color photos of sea monsters?

To keep people guessing, and create tourist hot spots (such as Loch Ness)

Still check this photo out, colour, clear, make of it what you will. I remember a programme I while ago that stated it was possible that plesiosaurs could still exist off the coast of Australia...funny how nobody has spotted one. Though the ocean is still hugely undiscovered.

http://soroushk.com/pic/2003/dec/plesiosaur.jpg