Ability to Delete Posts

Has the ability to delete posts been added?

I recently got this notification:

image.png.814d6cf256e081f6c0fdc552e6207f22.png

However, upon going to that thread, my post was the last one. 21 hours ago. So how could somebody quote me just 16 hours ago? I thought editing posts was disabled after like 60 minutes?

I've covered the name just in case, however I will say it was a mod. So maybe it's something only Mods can do? 

I never got a chance to see what it was, so I'm just curious.

Not sure about the wonky timestamps. It looks like swansont was the last to quote you, but nothing was hidden (we don't delete), and nothing was split to either its own thread or the Trash. 

I think the editing time is currently 30 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

I've covered the name just in case, however I will say it was a mod. So maybe it's something only Mods can do? 

Guilty!

I posted a joke in response to something you wrote. Then I realised that not only was it off topic (or, at least, irrelevant to the discussion) but also that it might be interpreted as trying to make a point on one side or the other (for example, you might have interpreted as criticism of what you wrote - it wasn’t). And as I hadn’t followed the discussion I didn’t want to be seen to be taking sides in a political debate.

I was going to move it to the jokes thread but I didn’t have time so I just deleted it (we can do that as mods).

I probably should have hidden it with a note to explain why ... but I had no time to think about it more carefully

15 hours ago, Strange said:

Guilty!

I posted a joke in response to something you wrote. Then I realised that not only was it off topic (or, at least, irrelevant to the discussion) but also that it might be interpreted as trying to make a point on one side or the other (for example, you might have interpreted as criticism of what you wrote - it wasn’t). And as I hadn’t followed the discussion I didn’t want to be seen to be taking sides in a political debate.

I was going to move it to the jokes thread but I didn’t have time so I just deleted it (we can do that as mods).

I probably should have hidden it with a note to explain why ... but I had no time to think about it more carefully

Ah, alright then.