Alpha centauri could host the closest Earth-like planet

alfa015

I think that Alpha centauri could host the closest Earth-like planet.

A study shows that 22% of G and K-type stars could have Earth-like planets orbiting in the habitable zone.

There are 9 Sun-like stars within 25 light-years. If we make the calculation, two of those stars could have an Earth-like planet.

One of those two exoplanets could be Tau Ceti e. Which exoplanet could be the other one?

7 out of the 9 closest Sun-like stars have low metallicity. The only two stars with high metallicity are Alpha Centauri A and Delta Pavonis, but this star is suspected to be variable.

What do you guys think?

We don't need high metallicity, we need easy access to the basics (air, water & food) only after that we have use for(want) other resources for development and export, which could be metals but also plastics or rare materials.

50 minutes ago, Roamer said:

We don't need high metallicity, we need easy access to the basics (air, water & food) only after that we have use for(want) other resources for development and export, which could be metals but also plastics or rare materials.

The molten iron core of the Earth is very useful, it provides the Earth's magnetic field, which helps shield life on Earth from harmful solar radiation and Cosmic Rays. 

Several metal ions such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium are essential to sustain biological life. At least six additional metals, chiefly transition metals, are also essential for optimal growth, development, and reproduction, i.e. manganese, iron, cobalt, copper, zinc, and molybdenum.

http://www.waterquality.de/hydrobio.hw/TWMETAL.HTM

I suspect when the word Habitable gets used most people think it means "planet suitable for colonising". Finding evidence of life beyond Earth is a big deal but it is not going to give humanity a new planet to occupy.

A lot of space related hype taps into a primitive human urge to look to new horizons and open up new opportunities but I think it is too often gratuitously misleading to present these kinds of discoveries as opportunities for anything beyond a better understanding of the universe around us.