Split from What is the deepest mystery of physics and why is it so?

Brian M Perryman

On 11/25/2019 at 7:34 AM, Dagl1 said:

Perhaps the deepest mystery in physics is "what is time"
And while we, as far as I understand, have concepts of time in both space-time and thermodynamics, 
Perhaps the reason it is so, is that pseudoscience and philosophy can never unravel this question, because their cultures and internal disciplines too readily turn their back on real measurement and theoretical modelling, where the answer is, resulting in too many people on our planet drowning and floundering in a quagmire of wild ideas, speculation and posts with many substantial claims and 0 evidence or references given.

I really like this quote: "The conquest of nature is to be achieved through number and measure."
Math is, for whatever reason reality follows these rules, the tool with which science attempts to explain reality. It is so far the most successful method,. That doesn't mean philosophy has no value (as I can see that my post may insinuate that), but that its value is not as great in the quantitative sciences as true understanding of mathematical models is.

-Dagl

past somewhat thought  define its eng difn use disapline only things that can see as humanoids and other site seeing creature  the difention apply only[ time is defined as siight not thought or thoughts if there ts no living life that who,he,what has  observation veiwing membrance tissue cababillty,no site of eyes signal to brain the eng difn doesnot apply as to say at the time im looking looked inside a box with its sides say a two orbiting and routating planets that my grandpappy made  i now time living sight things made in box  planetets and other particals has no site mutations singnal thet is relating living thought of its lifenoid living seeing being calculation  of time ony applys living-noids