Thermal conductivity of 2-propanol

willem

Hello, I am currently doing my major in the feild of organic chemistry but cannot seem to find the thermal conductivity of 2-propanol/isopropyl in it's gaseous state. If anyone knows how to calculate this or would be able to help me find where to look I would be very grateful!

Edited by willem

2 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Is this what you are looking for?http://www.ddbst.com/en/EED/PCP/TCN_C95.php, Dortmund Data Bank, Thermal Conductivity of n-Propyl and Isopropyl Alcohols at Various Temperatures and Pressures

I just edited the post, I forgot to add that it was in its gaseous state, my bad. If you could help me with this I would be beyond grateful. But thanks for the quick reply!

I have looked through multiple CRC handbooks at the gas thermal conductivity section.

This is from the 15 th Edition of Lange's handbook of Chemistry (there are at least 2 newer editions)

2_propanol.thumb.jpg.9104940434ad3f0459a865d09dd1cc76.jpg

The units are

5.8 THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY
TABLE 5.24 Thermal Conductivities of Gases as a Function of Temperature
The coefficient k, expressed in J · sec1 · cm1 · K1, is the quantity of heat in joules, transmitted per second
through a sample one centimeter in thickness and one square centimeter in area when the temperature difference
between the two sides is one degree kelvin (or Celsius). The tabulated values are in microjoules. To convert to
microcalories, divide values by 4.184. To convert to mW · m1 · K1, divide values by 10.

It's a bit skimpy, at a pinch you could compare with other close members of the homologous series for which more data is available.

Does this help?

1 hour ago, willem said:

Hello, I am currently doing my major in the feild of organic chemistry but cannot seem to find the thermal conductivity of 2-propanol/isopropyl in it's gaseous state. If anyone knows how to calculate this or would be able to help me find where to look I would be very grateful!

This is from the 15 th Edition of Lange's handbook of Chemistry (there are at least 2 newer editions)

The units are

5.8 THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY
TABLE 5.24 Thermal Conductivities of Gases as a Function of Temperature
The coefficient k, expressed in J · sec1 · cm1 · K1, is the quantity of heat in joules, transmitted per second
through a sample one centimeter in thickness and one square centimeter in area when the temperature difference
between the two sides is one degree kelvin (or Celsius). The tabulated values are in microjoules. To convert to
microcalories, divide values by 4.184. To convert to mW · m1 · K1, divide values by 10.

It's a bit skimpy, at a pinch you could compare with other close members of the homologous series for which more data is available.

Does this help?

11 hours ago, studiot said:

The units are

Does this help?

The units are

Does this help?

Thanks a lot! That was exactly what I was looking for. I only had the 13th edition of Lange's handbook available where it did not say. You really saved my day! Thank you!