conflicted about a new idea

ALine

Ok so I have been reaaaaaaly reluctant to share an idea that I came up with a while back and have been working on for a long time and I am not sure what to do with it. I can continue keeping it to myself, working on it in secret. Trying to improve it so that one day it will be ready for others. Or I can share it now and gain partial notoriety from it, however this is really unlikely due to it being so weird of an idea. However I do not want to be what causes harm to others if it turns out that it is a "good idea."

I can go without the notoriety, however my ego will have a problem with it, however my biggest concern is how it might affect others along with how it may be used to harm others. 

What should I do?

Thank you for your responses

p.s. I know this sounds hella pretentious, however I really want to share the idea with people and I really want to get feedback so that I can improve on the idea, but again I do not want to accidently harm anyone with the idea. 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

What good is an idea only you ever know about?

thank you for the response, it has helped me to determine what it is that I need to do. However it is to much to put all in a single thread so I am going to organize everything and put it into  blog so that I can get everything organized and place it in a location which is easily accessible.

1 minute ago, iNow said:

Glad it helped. In fairness, I’m pretty sure you already knew what you wanted to do even before opening this thread.

It was more along the lines of "I really want to just over this fence and do the things, however I am not sure what will happen when I do it and I just need one person to give me the slightest shove so that I can have an excuse to do the things."

Apologies and again thank you for the assistance