Oh yeah, I am a pit master!

Moontanman

2 hours ago, zapatos said:

Mmm. Looks good! I haven't had a pig pickin' in years. It's an all day party that can't be beat!

Back when I was young I held quite a few pig pickin's, getting pulled pork trucked in by a caterer is not even close to being able to dig into that whole pig! I had a charcoal cooker on wheels and all the big pots and pans. I did it for fun at friends houses and mine. My only requirement was that my buddy Pepe bethere for moral support... 

My parents had 100 acres in the country with an old farmhouse and we'd have a party the whole weekend with lots of friends. We would just dig a pit in the ground for the charcoal and have the pig on a spit, turning it every once in a while. We'd usually have a keg, horseshoes, frisbees, weed, guitars, and it would run from early morning till late at night. Everyone would then crash inside or in tents. Brings back fond memories.

56 minutes ago, zapatos said:

My parents had 100 acres in the country with an old farmhouse and we'd have a party the whole weekend with lots of friends. We would just dig a pit in the ground for the charcoal and have the pig on a spit, turning it every once in a while. We'd usually have a keg, horseshoes, frisbees, weed, guitars, and it would run from early morning till late at night. Everyone would then crash inside or in tents. Brings back fond memories.

WOW! Now that is a party!