"Trump's Ends Justify Trump's Means"

Airbrush

This title is in quotation marks because I don't agree with it.  I am only acknowledging the new motto of the GOP/Trump party.

Trump's "ends" is stated as "Make America Great Again."  That sounds good, but his real ends is constant attention he is getting for outrageous behavior.  He loves the power and attention more than life itself.  

I learned about Trump in 2006 when he engaged in a twitter war with Rosie O'Donnell.  She criticized his treatment of beauty pageant contestants, and he got down and dirty criticizing her as a loser, stupid, ugly, fat, etc.  He sounded like a spoiled 8-year-old.  How could such a person become a billionaire?  I later found out his wealth was GIVEN to him by his Dad, the real clever businessman.  Even a spoiled 8-year-old, who is a clever con, can become president?  Because "Trump's Ends Justify Trump's Means."  He set an example for how a president can become a dictator.  Trump is just not clever enough to get away with it.  But in the future there may be another president, GOP or Dem, who is as devious and insidious as Trump, but also clever enough to get away with what Trump cannot get away with.

I read somewhere that the scientist's ethic is "The Ends and the Means are Equal."  Trump's followers, however, prefer the Trump ethic.  One third of Americans like the way he acts.  They think he is cute, funny, tough, and fighting against the "deep state" for them.  The evidence for his popularity among his base is the fact that he has done far worse than Bill Clinton to get impeached, Clinton for merely lying about sex, Trump for what looks like bribery, extortion, obstructing congress, etc, etc.  Ken Star began investigating Bill Clinton's "Whitewater" but found NOTHING.  However, he found Monica Lewinski, and that alone was enough to begin impeachment of Bill Clinton.  Trump has the advantage of being a "star" host on a 14-year reality show "The Apprentice."  Like he said, "when you are a star, they let you do anything, grab them by the #####" or "shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose any votes."   He is still trying to do ANYTHING for his own pleasure because he survived the Mueller investigation.  He will cut corners and break laws and norms, just to STAY in power, so he can't be indicted for his crimes.

My impression is "make America great again" in Trump's mind, is really "make America 1960s again."  This is because, IMHO, the most memorable period in most people's life is their time in high school, and maybe also college if they go on to college.  For me high school was most memorable because I got to know other students over a sustained period of time.  But after that college was a blur, and my work career in accounting and bookkeeping was also a blur.  Trump fondly remembers the 1960s because that is when he was having a great time in his military academy high school, and later business college, all of which was during the great 1960s.

Edited by Airbrush