Philosophy Without Truth = Waste Of Time.

cultsmasher

But then again, anything without truth is a waste of time.  Take history.  I see that there is no history section around here.  Which is just as well.  Because Napoleon said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon."  And Tolstoy said, "History would be a wonderful thing.  If it were only true."  Much of history comes about through the winners of some conflict.  As it is said, "History is written by the victors."  Also, it is said, "In war, truth is the first casualty."  For the winning side, it remains a casualty.  I could tell you truths about history and back them up that would cause the paint on your walls to peal.  But not here.  I know this because I have been banned from just about every forum that exists.  Why?  Because truth is forbidden.  And freedom of speech is just a fairy tale.

10 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:
!

Moderator Note

What do you want to discuss exactly? 

If I was able, truth.  More truth than anybody around here is likely able to handle.  And even then, without being able to download pictures to back up what I say, what's the point.  I tried to direct others around here to a forum where truth could be discussed.  But the name of that forum was deleted.  Here in this open forum, I can direct you where to go to see a little of the truth.  Though I expect it to disappear too.  But at least you will know.  If you decide to read it, get ready for hell.  Enter into your browser, "The Truth: Unforbidden!"  You will find a free ebook with that title.  It is only 100 pages long with many pictures. For anybody around here, it should be just a little light reading.  But considering the cults you most likely follow, it will be unpleasant.  I assure you.  But true none the less.

!

Moderator Note

There is nothing stopping you from uploading or embedding images. Stop using this as an excuse to not be able to explain yourself; it's a tired cop-out and not a particularly convincing one. As you have been told, we expect members to post threads that are self-contained - i.e. a person should not have to read a book or go to another forum to understand the topic and engage in discussion. As yet, you have not posted a single thread that meets this criteria. I am giving you one final chance here to articulate the points you wish to discuss. If you cannot do that, this thread will also be closed. 

18 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:
!

Moderator Note

There is nothing stopping you from uploading or embedding images. Stop using this as an excuse to not be able to explain yourself; it's a tired cop-out and not a particularly convincing one. As you have been told, we expect members to post threads that are self-contained - i.e. a person should not have to read a book or go to another forum to understand the topic and engage in discussion. As yet, you have not posted a single thread that meets this criteria. I am giving you one final chance here to articulate the points you wish to discuss. If you cannot do that, this thread will also be closed. 

Just how much do you want me to articulate.  That Napoleon said what he did?  If you don't believe it, look it up.  That Tolstoy said what he did?  If you don't believe it, look it up.  That in war, truth is the first casualty or that history is written by the victors?  You can either believe that or not.  The point is that just about everything you think you know about history is BS.  Or in other words, lies.  What good is philosophy in the presence of lies.  That's it.  If you want specifics, there are many of them out there.  But in my highly experienced opinion, this forum isn't the place for them.  But if I feel the need to start a thread about a specific truth, I will do so.

Just now, cultsmasher said:

Just how much do you want me to articulate.  That Napoleon said what he did?  If you don't believe it, look it up.  That Tolstoy said what he did?  If you don't believe it, look it up.  That in war, truth is the first casualty or that history is written by the victors?  You can either believe that or not.  The point is that just about everything you think you know about history is BS.  Or in other words, lies.  What good is philosophy in the presence of lies.  That's it.  If you want specifics, there are many of them out there.  But in my highly experienced opinion, this forum isn't the place for them.  But if I feel the need to start a thread about a specific truth, I will do so.

!

Moderator Note

Your highly experienced opinion, having made 12 posts in the 2 days you've been a member? Okay. 

Look, if you are going to go around making claims such as most everything we / I understand about history is a lie, then you are expected to back them up. If you can't or won't, then this thread has no place here. It's that simple. 

7 hours ago, cultsmasher said:

I could tell you truths about history and back them up that would cause the paint on your walls to peal.  But not here.

!

Moderator Note

You have started several threads where you promise to tell us things but then come up with excuses not to actually tell us anything.

6 hours ago, cultsmasher said:

I tried to direct others around here to a forum where truth could be discussed.

!

Moderator Note

Discuss it here or stop posting vague claims.

5 hours ago, cultsmasher said:

But in my highly experienced opinion, this forum isn't the place for them.

!

Moderator Note

Then stop posting here

!

Moderator Note

Thread closed