Welcome To Your DOOM! Part 2.

cultsmasher

In part 1 of this topic, it was closed down to debate because I couldn't download the information I wanted to.  So I will just tell you what it was.  It was part of something pertaining to the amount of CO2 humanity is now producing and the amount of CO2 that was being produced that led to the Permian extinction.  Which is about the same.  But there is a wild card in all of this.  If I could download graphs, I would download one that shows that for a very long time, the earth has been getting cooler.  As you can imagine, when things are cooler, methane and methane hydrate ice can more easily form.  And with our rapidly warming climate, there is much of it just waiting to be released.  As far as I have ever been able to find out, the circumstances we are now facing aren't anything that the earth has seen before.  It is uncharted territory.

Also, as you may know, methane is 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2.  There is more CO2 in the atmosphere than methane.  But what methane there is goes a long way.  And it is ever increasing.  If I could download pictures, I would show you a graph that shows how methane levels are increasing.  It is another of the hockey stick types of graphs that you are probably all familiar with. Except this one has 86 times more of a greenhouse kick to it than just CO2.  Which by itself is bad enough.  

If anybody would be willing to post such a graph in this thread, I would appreciate it.  Though that depends on whether or not the mods will allow me to post it.  And even if they do, I don't know how much discussion I will be able to get involved in.  Because yesterday, I replied to a reply.  And found out that was the only thing I would be allowed to post in one day.  (I say sarcastically) "LONG DIE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!"

4 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

I thought this forum sucked?

Why can't you download graphs? Just save the image and post it.

If your using it to make claims, the mods would rather you posted it so they could see where your getting your info from.

This forum does suck.  Four threads created, two closed down to debate and another that fell off the face of the earth.  And yesterday I replied to a reply. Then found out that it was the only thing I was allowed to post in one day.  I also tried to send a PM to Sensei and zapatos.  I was unable to do so.  Though I guess it is possible that they have set things up so that they can't receive private messages.  But I don't know why anybody would want to do that.  Next, I wish I knew why I can't download things.  Maybe it's because I use a VPN.  But that has never hindered me at any other forum.  Though I tried to join a forum similar to this one called The Science Forum.  Apparently I was unable to because I use a VPN.  Next, if you or anybody else wants any further discussion out of me, you might do well to just send me a PM.  Who knows.  Maybe I'll actually be allowed to reply to it.

!

Moderator Note

You should not have any issues with uploading images here, but if it's proving difficult you could always try and embed what you're talking about. 

ETA / FYI: New members are restricted to 5 posts in the first 24 hours. This is why you couldn't post anything and most likely why you couldn't send PM's. The members you mentioned don't have PM's turned off that I could see. 

If you continue to encounter issues, please PM staff. Do not respond to this note within the thread. 

47 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:
!

Moderator Note

You should not have any issues with uploading images here, but if it's proving difficult you could always try and embed what you're talking about. 

ETA / FYI: New members are restricted to 5 posts in the first 24 hours. This is why you couldn't post anything and most likely why you couldn't send PM's. The members you mentioned don't have PM's turned off that I could see. 

If you continue to encounter issues, please PM staff. Do not respond to this note within the thread. 

I see that this thread was moved to speculations.  Did you do it?  If so, I am wondering what it is about it that you find speculatory.  Or is it because I didn't include links or pictures of graphs.  (Not that I can get anything to download anyway)  Being at a science forum, you can't be that dumb.  To followers of the human caused global warming denying cult, no amount of graphs or links are going to make any difference.

!

Moderator Note

The moving to Speculations was done in error, I have moved it back for now. Again, there is nothing preventing you from uploading or embedding images, so if you have something to post then please do so. It would also be appreciated if you could clarify what you want to discuss in this thread, as this currently reads like a blog post. 

9 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:
!

Moderator Note

The moving to Speculations was done in error, I have moved it back for now. Again, there is nothing preventing you from uploading or embedding images, so if you have something to post then please do so. It would also be appreciated if you could clarify what you want to discuss in this thread, as this currently reads like a blog post. 

Here is how things go with me.  I am given of choosing a file to upload.  Then I do so.  After that, nothing happens.  I will try doing so from a url.  I'll see if that makes any difference.  Next, what I want to discuss is the impending doom we all face.  That is clear enough.  QwKahDL.jpg

d3cdhbp.jpg

skm5Ys2.jpg

And just as an added bonus, here are pictures of methane bubbles rising from the sea floor.

LF56LYj.jpg

8 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that giant freaking jump in carbon dioxide around 550 million years ago have increased the average global temperature at least a little?

1. There are no error bars shown, so you can't really say that it didn't. I would not be surprised if the error bars would be larger as you went back in time.

2. The effect is logarithmic, so you have to look at it in terms of e.g. doubling. Going from 200 ppm to 400 ppm has the nominally same effect as going from 400 ppm to 800 ppm. That should increase temperature around 2 ºC

The concentration did not even double, so (all else being equal) the effect would be smaller. It's also possible that the climate sensitivity was different under the conditions present 550 mya.

3. It is not known (at least from this graph) what else was going on at that time that might have had an opposing effect on temperature or the aforementioned climate senitivity. e.g. changes in the sun, changes in our orbit or inclination, continental configuration, etc.

11 hours ago, cultsmasher said:

what I want to discuss is the impending doom we all face.  That is clear enough.

Tomorrow is our impending doom, but the thing about tomorrow is, it only catches up on the day of our doom; todays clues are tomorrows crocodile shit.

Edited by dimreepr

9 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Tomorrow is our impending doom, but the thing about tomorrow is, it only catches up on the day of our doom; todays clues are tomorrows crocodile shit.

Pretty much. If nothing happens people say "see, nothing happened, as always! There was nothing to worry about! All this was just "fake news", unneeded scaring of people!".. Eventually, if something would happen they would say "OMG! That's how all my life will end?! Why nobody did anything to help us?! Why nobody warned us?!" etc. etc.

Increased temperatures of the Earth will render some regions of the planet unable to be habitable e.g. Africa, southern Asia, Australia, America. But there are living people right now. They won't wait till they cook, but will be escaping regions unable to survive and will move to North America, Europe, everywhere where is smaller temperature. To the one who actually created entire problem with over usage of fossil fuels. So Europeans and Americans will get what they hardly worked for entire century..

3 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Pretty much. If nothing happens people say "see, nothing happened, as always! There was nothing to worry about! All this was just "fake news", unneeded scaring of people!".. Eventually, if something would happen they would say "OMG! That's how all my life will end?! Why nobody did anything to help us?! Why nobody warned us?!" etc. etc.

Not at all, it just means do what you can today; tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history and today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.

You can't do anything yesterday or tomorrow...

20 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that giant freaking jump in carbon dioxide around 550 million years ago have increased the average global temperature at least a little?

I am not a scientist.  So you would need somebody who knows more about geology than I to explain it.  But there very well could have been something going on with the position of the continents that had something to do with global temperatures back then.  And in more recent ages we have been having a lot of cycles between ice ages and thawing.  Maybe I am wrong.  But according to something I was watching once about geology, it was North and South America becoming connected and altering the ocean currents that is to blame for that.  Also, apparently at one point, the whole earth was one giant ball of ice.  I don't remember if they had any explanation for that.

9 hours ago, Sensei said:

Increased temperatures of the Earth will render some regions of the planet unable to be habitable e.g. Africa, southern Asia, Australia, America. But there are living people right now. They won't wait till they cook, but will be escaping regions unable to survive and will move to North America, Europe, everywhere where is smaller temperature. To the one who actually created entire problem with over usage of fossil fuels. So Europeans and Americans will get what they hardly worked for entire century..

Capitalism is to blame.  If there is money to be made, people will tend to do it.  Americans and Europeans shouldn't have to suffer because of plutocratic elitists who suffer from affluenza.  But there are bigger problems than what White people do.  Namely, overpopulation.  Every single day there are about 228,000 more people on the planet than there was the day before.  That is like every single day plopping the population of Richmond VA or Bosie ID onto the surface of the planet.  Also, around 66.8% of people from the Middle East and Africa are under the age of 30.  A prime breeding age.  Now here is the interesting point.  The population levels of White people aren't rising.  In some places, they may even be going down a little.  So what are White people to do?  I will show you a picture of somebody who knew the right approach.

dWw5F9a.jpg

9 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Not at all, it just means do what you can today; tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history and today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.

You can't do anything yesterday or tomorrow...

You are wrong.  There is something you can do about yesterday.  If what you did was wrong, regret it.  And that will go a long way towards doing something about what happens tomorrow.

1 hour ago, cultsmasher said:

So what are White people to do?  I will show you a picture of somebody who knew the right approach.

dWw5F9a.jpg.98a508dce8dabcc9d1299588d83cbe0a.jpg

..if you are suggesting muss-murdering non-white people (or any people), I strongly disagree..

and it's probably against rules of this forum to came up with something like this..

There are some ways to decelerate rate of reproduction, like women education, sexual education, anti-conception and eventually abortion.

Edited by Sensei

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

..if you are suggesting muss-murdering non-white people (or any people), I strongly disagree..

and it's probably against rules of this forum to came up with something like this..

There are some ways to decelerate rate of reproduction, like women education, sexual education, anti-conception and eventually abortion.

The things you suggest have been and are being done.  I told you the results.  Also, only about 1 in 10 people on this planet are White.  And considering all those who consider themselves to be White who aren't, it is probably more like 1/2 out of 10.  Do you really think there are enough of us to go around to teach non-whites the right way?  Or that we ourselves might not have better things to do?  Such as look after our own problems?  If you want to expand your mind, I have some suggestions for you.

STOP TRYING TO ADVERTISE.

Edited by hypervalent_iodine

!

Moderator Note

A reminder of our forum rules seems prudent here:

• Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.

• Advertising and spam is prohibited. We don't mind if you put a link to your noncommercial site (e.g. a blog) in your signature and/or profile, but don't go around making threads to advertise it. Links, pictures and videos in posts should be relevant to the discussion, and members should be able to participate in the discussion without clicking any links or watching any videos. Videos and pictures should be accompanied by enough text to set the tone for the discussion, and should not be posted alone. Users advertising commercial sites will be banned.

I will not remind you again to stop trying to advertise and push people to that other forum, and you will get no further warnings regarding the first point.