"Wait a carrot-picking minute...

Janus

1 hour ago, koti said:

Okay, I don't get it. What am I missing.

Many Bugs Bunny cartoons began with Bugs popping popping out of the ground expecting to to be at some vacation spot, but instead finding himself at some other remote lcoation.  This would result in him pulling out a map and quipping " I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!" 

The background here, as  noted by Phi for All, is a Litihum cracking station as depicted in the original Star trek series.  Specifically, the one on Delta Vega, located at the edge of the galaxy (from the episode "Where No man Has Gone Before").   Risa is a planet from ST the Next Gen known as a prime place to go for R&R.  Switching "Aldebaran" for "Albuguerque" was poetic license on my part.

The 3D rendering of the station is based on the matte painting used for the episode.

Edited by Janus

1 minute ago, Janus said:

Many Bugs Bunny cartoons began with Bugs popping popping out of the ground expecting to to be at some vacation spot, but instead finding himself at some other remote spot.  This would result in him pulling out a map and quipping " I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!" 

The background here, as  noted by Phi for All, is a Litihum cracking station as depicted in the original

I rememebr that ST episode and I'm aware of Bugs Bunny doing what you explained. I guess this is a good example of how highly subjective humor is, this is as funny to me as going through spam on a Sunday afternoon.

9 minutes ago, koti said:

I rememebr that ST episode and I'm aware of Bugs Bunny doing what you explained. I guess this is a good example of how highly subjective humor is, this is as funny to me as going through spam on a Sunday afternoon.

Sometimes I wonder if you're really serious about being a nerd, koti. You're never at the rallies, and comments like this make me question your sincerity. 

32 minutes ago, Janus said:

Specifically, the one on Delta Vega, located at the edge of the galaxy (from the episode "Where No man Has Gone Before").

No mention of rabbits though. Although Bugs looks more Hare than Rabbit to me. 

He's doing well, if he's been to the edge of the Galaxy. Even if it was the near edge, it's still thousands of light years away. And he doesn't look a day older. It must be the carrots. 

@koti

Galactic offworlders have specific sense of humour. Off this world.

Human can laugh from getting lost in mall, hotel etc. and turn it to anecdote for friends and family.

Offworlder can laugh from getting lost in space.

Edited by Sensei

Another impressive bit of work on the creation and detailed 3D rendering of a 2D image, Janus. I can only imagine the hours that went into it, and appreciate you sharing it here in a lighthearted way. 

52 minutes ago, swansont said:

I want to note for the record that when I had the chance to go to Albuquerque a few years ago, I made sure to make the proper left-hand turn, and ended up where I wanted to be.

Who would have thought that cartoon can teach you something...

:)

Edited by Sensei

28 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Who is Bugs Bunny?

The mainstay cartoon character from the Looney Tunes collection of Warner Brothers animated works. From back before cable TV. There might be more information on him if one were to search this "internet" thingy

11 minutes ago, mistermack said:

A friend of Daffy's.

With friends like that...

33 minutes ago, swansont said:

The mainstay cartoon character from the Looney Tunes collection of Warner Brothers animated works. From back before cable TV. There might be more information on him if one were to search this "internet" thingy

One might even find an avatar on this internet thingy!

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Sometimes I wonder if you're really serious about being a nerd, koti. You're never at the rallies, and comments like this make me question your sincerity. 

It took quite some time but you have me figured out now - Im a bipolar redneck who poses as a nerd. Or the other way around - difficult to determine for me even.

32 minutes ago, koti said:

It took quite some time but you have me figured out now - Im a bipolar redneck who poses as a nerd. Or the other way around - difficult to determine for me even.

I think you'll have to return your nerd license and re-apply.

21 minutes ago, CharonY said:

I think you'll have to return your nerd license and re-apply.

Funny you said that. We visited my nerd buddy few weeks ago at their place for a barbeque and he said the exact same thing.