PHD in Quantum Physics

KHinfcube22

Originally posted by BPHgravity

It is a serious misconception that the best time to take an exam is as soon after exhausting cramming while the information is "fresh" in your mind. Dedicated study and commitment to memory has always proven to be the most relaible way to perform successfully on any type of exam.

Besides, most college entrance exams are testing to see the students potential and ability to figure things out, and not necessarily see what the student as previously been taught. Its a fine line but an important one.

KHinfcube22: Please remove the term "electrician" from your profile, or at least spell it correctly. Alot of training and education goes into becomming an electrician for some kid to throw around like it some sort of hobby. Thanks.

This is one of the most rude posts I have ever seen, sorta. But I guess your write, the most stuff I ever really did with wre cutters and stuff was try to fix a car CD player. Didn't fix it, once I got to the laser, I tore it out with a screw driver because it was stuck on. Kinda crude, but

i got what I wanted.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets step it up a notch:

You have two containers. 1 holds three gallons, the other holds 5. Put exactly 4 gallons in the 5 gallon container. (It doesnt matter if you dont know how much a gallon is)

and

You are trying to get to Truthville. You come to a fork in the road. One way goes to Truthville ( where everyone tells the truth), the other goes to Liartown (everyone is a liar). A man comes from one of the twons to the fork in the road. What one question can you ask him to know exactly which way is to Truthville?

Have fun! :D

Algebra is simple. Once again, you cannot compare speed of learning elementary topics in math to higher level stuff. To presume that being able to learn algebra quickly translates into being able to learn partial differential equations or multivariable calculus in a short amount of time is foolish.

blike posted that in the moderator forum.

pour 5 gallons into the big gallon then pour it into the 3 gallon one leaving it full and 2 gallons in the 5 gallon container. then pour out the water in the 3 gallon container and replace it with the other two gallons in the 5 gallon one leaving only 2 in the 3 gallon container. next fill up the 5 gallon container to the top and pour it into the 3 gallon container until its full. the 2 gallons in the 3 gallon container plus one extra makes 3 and the 5 minus one makes 4. :) lol that was also in the third die hard movie

"If I ask someone from the other town if your town is Truthville, will they say yes?"

If the man is from Truthville, someone from the other town would have to lie, and would say "no". Our guy has to tell the truth therefore the answer would be "no".

If the man is from Liarville, someone from the other town would have to tell the truth, and would say "no". But our guy would have to lie about it, and the answer would be "yes".

So if he answers "no" to that question, he is from Truthville. If "yes", he is from Liarville and you want to go the other way.

Originally posted by fafalone

Algebra is simple. Once again, you cannot compare speed of learning elementary topics in math to higher level stuff. To presume that being able to learn algebra quickly translates into being able to learn partial differential equations or multivariable calculus in a short amount of time is foolish.

blike posted that in the moderator forum.

PDEs are easy.

And I recall that noone responded to my comment about him getting a PhD of 'getting a degree first'.

Oh well... I just want a PhD in some kind of science. it would be fun to be called Doctor, (sad, isn't it) The PhD would realy have nothing to do with my future job. A computer graphics programmer for Square Co. LTD.!!!!!

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

Oh well... I just want a PhD in some kind of science. it would be fun to be called Doctor, (sad, isn't it) The PhD would realy have nothing to do with my future job. A computer graphics programmer for Square Co. LTD.!!!!!

I read in a news paper (that was bitching about the new minister for health, John Reid) that with a PhD, you could only use the title 'doctor' if were active in your subject area. In 'polite society' the holder of a PhD, who is not active in his/her particular area, but is doing something else (particularly where the term 'doctor' may be misleading, e.g. where working with medical doctors), relinquishes the title.

However, I'm not sure whether that's true or not, but in any event, you might want to find out before wasting so much time and effort possibly for nothing.

For future refrences. I like to know things beore their needed to be known.

However, knowledge acquired on the situation now may well not apply to you, or anyone, in 8 years time.

Originally posted by Glider

I read in a news paper (that was bitching about the new minister for health, John Reid) that with a PhD, you could only use the title 'doctor' if were active in your subject area. In 'polite society' the holder of a PhD, who is not active in his/her particular area, but is doing something else (particularly where the term 'doctor' may be misleading, e.g. where working with medical doctors), relinquishes the title.

However, I'm not sure whether that's true or not, but in any event, you might want to find out before wasting so much time and effort possibly for nothing.

Hmm, then I'll just have to be a Square Co Ltd at day, and a scientist at night...

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

However, knowledge acquired on the situation now may well not apply to you, or anyone, in 8 years time.

True, but to know information, even information that may not seem helpful, is good... I know soethings now that I know I won't need to now in the future, yet I try to lear more...

True, but to know information, even information that may not seem helpful, is good... I know soethings now that I know I won't need to now in the future, yet I try to lear more...

Try to learn things that are more useful?

Unless you have an IQ of 200. I doubt that you will be able to learn everything as fast as Algebra. As you experience university, every subject is exponentially complicated. In one month, you learn more things than what you learn in elementary and junior high together. Which is why I wonder, why do students have to spend so much time in elementary, I think that we should skip student if proficiency is shown.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Actual physics?

No need to worry about that....I've take the basics of physics last year, and am takin the more complicated stuff this year.....I'm also gonna try to finish every type of math known by the time I'm a Junior......Or maybe even quicker if the school will let me....