PHD in Quantum Physics

KHinfcube22

I was just wondering, what is a good college to get a PHD in Quantum Physics? I wantto know what school to apply for, and what kinds of schollerships I need to get to get in for free. Plus I would like to know where it is. Thanx for all your help.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KH,

You might want to do a little more looking into this. One does not get a degree in "quantum physics". Every physicist is an expert in quantum physics. The fields of concentration are typically broken down as follows:

1. String Theory

2. Quantum Cosmology (Loop Quantum Gravity)

2. Subatomic Physics

3. Nuclear Physics

4. Atomic Physics

5. Condensed Matter Physics/Optics

6. Astronomy/Astrophysics

Of course there will be variances, but that's basically it. To get a PhD in physics, one typically has to take a full year of nonrelativistic QM, a semester of relativistic QM, and a semester or two of QFT.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

I can pass any exam given to me. I just dont know where any of the good schools are. Thats where I need help. All else is only problems for the mind, where my mind is the key.

Wow you're more arrogant than I am. I promise there are exams you cannot pass.

Maybe so, but the only exams I would not pass would be ones in which I know not a thig about the subject.But why would someone give me an exam unless to see what know about the subject? And why would they want to see what I'd know about thhe subject, unless it was for a class I was going into, in which I would know of the ubject, so I would pass the exam. See a paradox circuling around?

Originally posted by fafalone

Wow you're more arrogant than I am. I promise there are exams you cannot pass.

Sotto voce... Like the Cambridge entrance exams, which are specially designed to keep people like him out.

Originally posted by Sayonara³

Sotto voce... Like the Cambridge entrance exams, which are specially designed to keep people like him out.

What subjets are the cambridge entrance exams based off of? I bet you I could pass one with ease.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

What subjets are the cambridge entrance exams based off of? I bet you I could pass one with ease.

Direct all queries RE: Cambridge entrance exams to MrL_JaKiri.

He's done them. Presumably he also passed them all.

Hey MrL, did they ask you any of these infamous "curve ball" questions in your interviews?