Push or Pull...or both?

Gravity Has To Be A Push And A Pull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravity-the natural force of attraction exerted by a celestial body, such as Earth, upon objects at or near its surface, tending to draw them toward the center of the body.

Buoyancy-The upward force that a fluid exerts on an object less dense than itself.

Bouyancy and gravity are the opposite of each other, while bouyancy explains the rising of gas, and gravity explains the falling of more dense matter.

SO, they are directly correlated in the sence that both are to explain the movement of matter about celestial bodies.

These are 2 explainations for opposite reactions.... maybe i may be crazy i guess, but wouldn't one rule for both in many cases solve much more than multiple theories? So maybe Gravity is a push and a pull!

[Previous message somehow dissapeared]

Oh, wait, my bad. I mixed that up. Gravity is only attractive, and antigravity is repulsive. Oops.

Anyway, as I was saying, buoyancy is just the tendancy of lighter objects to float atop denser ones, but that's only because the denser ones are pulled downward more by the attractive forces of gravity. The buoyant objects aren't being pulled up.

Buoyancy is nothing but a force that results from gravity. It is simply the effect of the differential hydrostatic pressure of a fluid in a gravitational field.

In cosmology, you do not see buoyant forces because interstellar space has virtually zero density.

Is gravity a push or a pull always used to puzzle me. At school you're always told it "pulls" stuff, but it could be a push... you can't prove which one it is, why? because you can't tell the difference, thus it doesn't make a difference nor is it relevant.

Besides as someone already said, it's an attractive force.