Jump to content
Sijo George

Did Humans evolve on some other planet?

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

Recently I have read a number of good scientific arguments which says humans are not evolved on this planet. The book says we were droped off by aliens to our Earth. The arguments can be summarized as follows. But I am not sure whether the arguments are really true or not. It would be great if someone specialized in this subject can guide me to the correct path.

 

1. Humans are particularly sensitive to sunlight - something that other species are immune to. Reptiles make use of sunlight to regulate their temperature, but humans need to avoid spending long periods exposed to sun as it can make dizzy and cause heat stroke. Most of the other animals and birds have nictitating membrane which prevents their eyes from excess sunlight. Even ancient hominins had brow ridges to prevent their eyes from the same.  This shows that humans are likely to have originated from somewhere where there was not as much sunlight. This also points out that our home planet might have existed at a larger distance from its star or it might have orbited very near to a different star like brown or red dwarf that emits softer light and less UV radiation.

2. Humans also suffer from a wider array of skin diseases and ailments than other animals, which points out to the another reason to believe we are from a less sunny planet where there is not as much UV radiation.

3. Researches also point to the fact that humans regularly suffer from bad backs, which says is due to the fact that we likely originally evolved on a planet with much lower gravity.

4. Humans were supposedly evolved in Africa. Even in africa during night, cold is very intense during night we need to wrap ourselves to prevent us from hypothermia and death. Thus Lack of body hair in humans when compared to other animals and birds may also point out to the fact that the humans are not well adapted to the earth's environment. This may point that humans might have been evolved in some other planet where day and night both would be comfortably warm with temperatures about the same.

6. Millions of us suffer from allergies such as hay fever. How can humans failed to adapt to pollen on Earth after millions of years of evolution if we are really evolved on this planet.

7. On Earth, many crops grow in seasons and food can be scarce at certain times of the year. It would make sense if our reproductive cycles fitted that pattern as other animals do. But we can reproduce all year round even in the middle of winter when hardly grows anything in temperate regions. This means our reproductive system is developed not with respect to the seasonal changes happening on earth. The fact that we have no mechanisms for coping with the seasons is bizzare if we were really evolved on this planet. Seasons exist on earth only because of the tilt of Earth's axis (23 deg). The inability of humans to cope with extreme seasonal changes may point out that our home planet doesnt have tilt on the axis or only to a slight degree. Also its orbit must be nearly circular.

8. Humans need to wear clothes inorder to protect our body from extreme temperatures of Earths environment. None of the other living creatures on this planet require this. This might be also one of the strongest evidence that we might not have evolved on this planet. 

9. Geneticists are resonably certain that the reasonably certain that the genes for type 2 diabetes, long term depression, lupus, biliary cirrhosis of lever and Chron's disease all came from Neanderthal DNA. But none of these diseases were infected in Neanderthal since these genes were dormant in them and passed to modern human and became dominent while they met. Some Neandarthal skeltons show signs of Arthritis, so that may also have come from them. It is recently found out that Neanderthal man extincted due to a common ear infection which comes in their childhood.

10. Other living creatures on earth can drink water without boiling it and purify it. But we need to boil it or purify it. Otherwise we will be infected with infectious diseases. This may indicate that our home planet has pleanty of pure fresh water or we may resistant to only those organisms present in water available there. That resistant became useless on Earth.

11. Our body's natural rythm doesn't match the Earth's 24 hr clock.  Our body is more suitable with 25 hr clock. Many of us feel a massive resistance when it’s time to get up in the morning, even if we’ve had enough sleep, we’re fit and well, and we have something to look forward to during the coming day. Getting out of bed takes an enormous amount of willpower, and forcing ourselves to do it not only makes us feel miserable but can lead to clinical depression. This may point out that we might have evolved on a planet where one day is 25 hr.

12. Many of Earth's creatures can sense natural disasters hours before or even days before they occur. If we descended from the ancestors of these creatures and we are at the top of the evolutionary tree, we ought to be able to sense them too. But we cant sense such disasters before until they hit us. This may point out that our home planet doesnt have any natural disasters. If the crust is one single piece without any techtonic plates, there cant be any tsunamis or earth quakes. And if there are no seasons and the weather is permanently mild, there should be no hurricanes, cyclones, monsoons, floods or wildfires. So there was never any need for us to develop the mechanisms for detecting them.

13. Humans lack a sense of direction. Many native animals make use of Earths magnetic fields to find their way around. Migratory birds fly thousands of miles, yet return to the same nesting sites six months later.We’re so bad at it that we had to invent maps and GPS to help us find our way around.Fortunately, we can always stop and ask for directions. In fact, many anthropologists believe this is why human language evolved. Researchers have found a small group of cells in our brains that can detect magnetic fields. But unfortunately, these cells are somehow inactive. This may suggest that our home plane might have stronger magnetic field than our Earth. When humans came to earth, magnetic field detecting cells might have become inactive since Earth magnetic field is comparitively weaker.

14. If we really evolved in East Africa, the big cats that roam there would have been a huge problem for us. We aren’t the slightest bit equipped to deal with these beasts.Their teeth and claws are designed for attacking larger, faster, more agile animals than us, and ripping through their flesh and bone.We have nothing to fight back with except our superior brain power, clubs, and rocks. This is not an evolutionary thing. It’s far more likely that we originated on a planet where we didn’t have any predators. That would explain why we have no way of defending ourselves against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sijo George said:

The book says we were droped off by aliens to our Earth.

Which book?

Before going into and refuting any of the specific arguments from the book: how does the book explain that humans and other species here on earth share mitochondrial genomes?

Quote

The classical view of the mitochondrial genome suggests that mitochondrial genomes of most animal cells are similar. 

http://protein.bio.msu.ru/biokhimiya/contents/v77/full/77130037.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also easy to refute most of the points raised. Many are just wrong, for example:

2 hours ago, Sijo George said:

6. Millions of us suffer from allergies such as hay fever. How can humans failed to adapt to pollen on Earth after millions of years of evolution if we are really evolved on this planet.

Allergies are observed in most mammals. 

We are most likely to spot them among our pets

https://www.msdvetmanual.com/dog-owners/skin-disorders-of-dogs/allergies-in-dogs

 

2 hours ago, Sijo George said:

1. Humans are particularly sensitive to sunlight - something that other species are immune to.

https://thepigsite.com/disease-guide/sunburn-heat-stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thank you for your immediate reply. I will go through the link. 

The book is available in amazon in the following link.

I think you might like this book – "Humans are not from Earth: a scientific evaluation of the evidence (2nd Edition)" by Ellis Silver.

Start reading it for free: Link advertising a horrible, horrible book removed by moderator, for the good of intelligent humans everywhere

The book tried to convince that humans are evolved in another planet with a variety of thought provoking scientific arguments. But I do not know whether the arguments are true or have any scientific authenticity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good summary of just quite how ludicrous this book is here: http://www.scicommbobulate.com/blog/2014/2/18/week-6-book-review-humans-are-not-from-earth-by-ellis-silver

 

3 hours ago, Sijo George said:

Humans are particularly sensitive to sunlight

Other animals are prone to overheating (lizards have to get out of the sun when they have warmed up) and sunburn. 

3 hours ago, Sijo George said:

3. Researches also point to the fact that humans regularly suffer from bad backs, which says is due to the fact that we likely originally evolved on a planet with much lower gravity.

Or because we walk upright. 

I suggest you assume every claim in your post is wrong and do some research with reliable sources to find more accurate information. 

40 minutes ago, Sijo George said:

But I do not know whether the arguments are true or have any scientific authenticity.

It is unmitigated drivel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

1. Humans are particularly sensitive to sunlight - something that other species are immune to. Reptiles make use of sunlight to regulate their temperature, but humans need to avoid spending long periods exposed to sun as it can make dizzy and cause heat stroke. Most of the other animals and birds have nictitating membrane which prevents their eyes from excess sunlight. Even ancient hominins had brow ridges to prevent their eyes from the same.  This shows that humans are likely to have originated from somewhere where there was not as much sunlight. This also points out that our home planet might have existed at a larger distance from its star or it might have orbited very near to a different star like brown or red dwarf that emits softer light and less UV radiation.

Actually we have a skin wich gave us a pretty good protection against sun burn. Black people for example have a skin really efficient to limit the impact of sun (I didn't say they don't have any, just less than other people : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2757062/pdf/nihms106393.pdf). White people have evolve in a less sunny place, so they don't need a extrem protection. A lot of animal have the same problem. And you must remember than our ancestor had hair (wich decrease the impact of sun).

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

2. Humans also suffer from a wider array of skin diseases and ailments than other animals, which points out to the another reason to believe we are from a less sunny planet where there is not as much UV radiation.

Realy ? sources ? Dog have a HUGE array of skin deseases for exemple. I'm not sure than human have more than other species... 

In addition you must remember than in our natural place we don't live for 80 years so a lot of desease can't evolve (most of the carcinom melanom ... happen after 50).

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

3. Researches also point to the fact that humans regularly suffer from bad backs, which says is due to the fact that we likely originally evolved on a planet with much lower gravity.

Our ancestors were monkeys, they weren't standing.

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

4. Humans were supposedly evolved in Africa. Even in africa during night, cold is very intense during night we need to wrap ourselves to prevent us from hypothermia and death. Thus Lack of body hair in humans when compared to other animals and birds may also point out to the fact that the humans are not well adapted to the earth's environment. This may point that humans might have been evolved in some other planet where day and night both would be comfortably warm with temperatures about the same.

First it depend were you live in africa but it's not always cold night.

Again, we didn't came up like we are now, we have evolved. At the begining we did have hair.

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

6. Millions of us suffer from allergies such as hay fever. How can humans failed to adapt to pollen on Earth after millions of years of evolution if we are really evolved on this planet.

You have an immunoly theory about this one. It's called the ''hygiene hypothesis'' (a least we call it this way in france). It explain than :

We are in a cleaner place=> but our immune system had'nt enough time to adapt himself => so we will have more and more immune desease and allergy (wich are a kind of immune desease) because our immune system is to strong for our environnement.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841828/

Another explanation is the old-freinds theory :

Our immune system co-evolve with some bacteria but those bacteria has desepeare => our immune system is less efficient. (Today, I think the old friend theory have more proof than the hygiene hypothesis)

https://academic.oup.com/emph/article/2013/1/46/1858882/

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

8. Humans need to wear clothes inorder to protect our body from extreme temperatures of Earths environment. None of the other living creatures on this planet require this. This might be also one of the strongest evidence that we might not have evolved on this planet. 

At the beginning we weren't expose to extrem environnment. And again, our specie change with time and lose his hair slowly.

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

9. Geneticists are resonably certain that the reasonably certain that the genes for type 2 diabetes, long term depression, lupus, biliary cirrhosis of lever and Chron's disease all came from Neanderthal DNA. But none of these diseases were infected in Neanderthal since these genes were dormant in them and passed to modern human and became dominent while they met. Some Neandarthal skeltons show signs of Arthritis, so that may also have come from them. It is recently found out that Neanderthal man extincted due to a common ear infection which comes in their childhood.

I'm pretty sure it's wrong. For example dog can have a type 2 diabete, as most of the mamar (I personnally work on type 2 diabetic mouse). Further more we have a lot in common with other species. For exemple we found Toll Like Receptor (TLR) in a lot of animals (fly, human ...) and plant have a receptor reaaly close to our TLR. Our immune defense system use the same wepon (ROS) than plant.

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

10. Other living creatures on earth can drink water without boiling it and purify it. But we need to boil it or purify it. Otherwise we will be infected with infectious diseases. This may indicate that our home planet has pleanty of pure fresh water or we may resistant to only those organisms present in water available there. That resistant became useless on Earth.

Actually we can drink this water. Our organism has'nt be prepare. For example indian water can make you as sick as hell. However you can't say than human kind can't drink it, indian do.

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

11. Our body's natural rythm doesn't match the Earth's 24 hr clock.  Our body is more suitable with 25 hr clock. Many of us feel a massive resistance when it’s time to get up in the morning, even if we’ve had enough sleep, we’re fit and well, and we have something to look forward to during the coming day. Getting out of bed takes an enormous amount of willpower, and forcing ourselves to do it not only makes us feel miserable but can lead to clinical depression. This may point out that we might have evolved on a planet where one day is 25 hr.

Our body's natural rythm doesn't match ? I thought it was just than we sleep just less than people in 1900 (30 minutes or 1 hour .. I don't remember).

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

13. Humans lack a sense of direction. Many native animals make use of Earths magnetic fields to find their way around. Migratory birds fly thousands of miles, yet return to the same nesting sites six months later.We’re so bad at it that we had to invent maps and GPS to help us find our way around.Fortunately, we can always stop and ask for directions. In fact, many anthropologists believe this is why human language evolved. Researchers have found a small group of cells in our brains that can detect magnetic fields. But unfortunately, these cells are somehow inactive. This may suggest that our home plane might have stronger magnetic field than our Earth. When humans came to earth, magnetic field detecting cells might have become inactive since Earth magnetic field is comparitively weaker.

Many can, mostly those who need to travel in  long distance. Human aren't made to travel in long distance.

5 hours ago, Sijo George said:

14. If we really evolved in East Africa, the big cats that roam there would have been a huge problem for us. We aren’t the slightest bit equipped to deal with these beasts.Their teeth and claws are designed for attacking larger, faster, more agile animals than us, and ripping through their flesh and bone.We have nothing to fight back with except our superior brain power, clubs, and rocks. This is not an evolutionary thing. It’s far more likely that we originated on a planet where we didn’t have any predators. That would explain why we have no way of defending ourselves against them.

No, we were just food... We weren't in the top of the pyramide. We were hinding in the tree, throwing rock... Actually most of the animals don't have anithing to fight back with their predator. A never saw a mouse fight a cat and kill it.

 

I hope my answer will help you, don't hesitate to point me things we seems illogical.

Sorry for my english, I'm practising.

 

Edited by sangui

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sijo George said:

I think you might like this book

On the contrary, I especially dislike writings claiming to provide scientific arguments when the contents actually is:

2 hours ago, Strange said:

unmitigated drivel

 In addition to that, googling the author provides no information why the book should be regarded as credible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The claims show a distinct ignorance about evolutionary processes. Perhaps I'm being oversensitive to the current plight in the US, where many of its citizens are too undereducated and underinformed to understand many social, economical, and political processes, but I also dislike this type of sensational garbage that appeals to conspiracy, anti-intellectualism, and lazy reasoning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sijo George said:

13. Humans lack a sense of direction.

One of the nicest pieces of evidence that this is nonsense is there are languages where all positions are given in terms of compass directions. So, if you ask which way the toilet/restroom is, they will say "go 100 paces northwest". Or they will ask, "who is that person standing to the south of John?". They never have any hesitation about this, even when indoors without visual cues as to direction.

Quote

Many native animals make use of Earths magnetic fields to find their way around. 

Humans and not migratory. We (like many other animals) use the sun, moon, stars and the surrounding landscape to navigate. (Dung beetles use the Milky Way to navigate on nights that the Moon is not visible.)

Quote

we can always stop and ask for directions. 

And this is why we don't really on other sense. This is not just a stupid argument, it is fallacious. 

3 hours ago, sangui said:

Researchers have found a small group of cells in our brains that can detect magnetic fields.

So, we can't detect magnetic fields, except when we can.

If this book were published as a short comedy article then it could be quite amusing. As a book, it is obviously a waste of paper and time. It makes flat-earthers look sensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sijo George said:

We have nothing to fight back with except our superior brain power, clubs, and rocks. This is not an evolutionary thing.

How can you say our intelligence isn't "an evolutionary thing"? The combination of opposable thumbs, bipedalism, cooperation, fire use, communication, tool use, and high intelligence are most certainly traits that were selected for along our ancestry. When you realize this, you also realize how silly it is to say "we have nothing to fight back with except our superior brain power, clubs, and rocks." 

8 hours ago, Sijo George said:

It’s far more likely that we originated on a planet where we didn’t have any predators. That would explain why we have no way of defending ourselves against them.

Except we did defend ourselves successfully. We used our big brains and our tools, we banded together in tribes to overcome problems other animals didn't have the brain power for. I'm not sure why you feel the need for extraterrestrial intervention in your explanation when it's very clear that we have MANY ways "of defending ourselves against them". 

 

If you really want great evidence that humans originated on Earth, go back before our primate common ancestry, all the way back to the tiny fish that were the common ancestors of ALL vertebrates. Research "laryngeal nerve", and how it started as part of a gill function that later became the "voice box" for those many vertebrate species. Over millions of years, the nerve that connects the larynx to the brain got wrapped under the heart as those organs moved and shifted. Today, every vertebrate on Earth has a laryngeal nerve that's unnecessarily long, considering it's not far from the brain to the throat. The poor giraffe has one that's 5 meters long! Humans have the same weird physiological setup, and we have the most complicated vocal communications on the planet. 

3 hours ago, sangui said:

Sorry for my english, I'm practising.

You did very well. Your post had some great science with cited evidence to support it. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sangui said:

You have an immunoly theory about this one. It's called the ''hygiene hypothesis'' (a least we call it this way in france). It explain than :

This may explain the apparent increase in allergies, but I don't think it can explain the basic fact that many people do suffer from allergies to common materials, such as pollen.

I assume this is because immune reactions are. balancing act. It needs to be responsive enough to detect invading pathogens, but not so sensitive that it is constantly triggered by harmless substances. So, a proportion of people get a non-fatal reaction to an occasional exposure to non-threatening materials. That seems a small trade-off for protection from dangerous bacteria.

Also, the immune response works because it recognises proteins. If we were exposed to truly alien lifeforms, we probably would not react because the chemistry would be completely different and unrecognisable.

But that comes back to the excellent point about how come we have the same DNA, the same genes, the same 20 amino acids, use the same proteins and sugars, with the same chirality, etc. If we were aliens, why would all the evidence (from genes to fossils to anatomy) show that we evolved here on Earth?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sijo George said:

The arguments can be summarized as follows. But I am not sure whether the arguments are really true or not. It would be great if someone specialized in this subject can guide me to the correct path.

Thanks for the summary. It was a nice clear precis of the original work.

It has saved many of us  from the trouble (and, probably, discomfort) of reading the book.

The book is utter tosh totally devoid of any basis in fact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 3:06 AM, Sijo George said:

Hello all,

Recently I have read a number of good scientific arguments which says humans are not evolved on this planet. The book says we were droped off by aliens to our Earth. The arguments can be summarized as follows. But I am not sure whether the arguments are really true or not. It would be great if someone specialized in this subject can guide me to the correct path.

9. Geneticists are resonably certain that the reasonably certain that the genes for type 2 diabetes, long term depression, lupus, biliary cirrhosis of lever and Chron's disease all came from Neanderthal DNA. But none of these diseases were infected in Neanderthal since these genes were dormant in them and passed to modern human and became dominent while they met. Some Neandarthal skeltons show signs of Arthritis, so that may also have come from them. It is recently found out that Neanderthal man extincted due to a common ear infection which comes in their childhood.

 

One thing to remember, if someone suggests that humans didn't evolve on Earth but go one to suggest we interbred with a species, ie Neanderthals, that did evolve here then you can be sure who ever is suggesting this has no idea what they are talking about! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.