How to find a slope?

Georgiy

I'm sure the question does not say exactly that.

So post the whole question and anything you have done with it.

Have you done any trigonometry?

Or can you tell me the difference in x coordinates and y coordinates between the points?

5 minutes ago, Georgiy said:

x goes first and then y

Yes that is true.

But it does not answer my question

Are you using a translator?

Have you drawn a plot with the two points and drawn in the (straight) line between them?

If we call the points 1 and 2 with coordinates (x1 , y1) and (x2, y2)

What is (y2 - y1) ?

What is (x2 - x1) ?

Edited by studiot

6 hours ago, Georgiy said:

But   I think I  need a formula not piloting

Not really. Try engaging with Studiot. If you take his guidance and have considered his posts, you are already half way there.

1) take checkered paper

2) pick up some random points x1,y1 and x2,y2 (integers to have easier the next step)

3) draw line passing through these points (single cell of checkered paper is 1x1 in x and y units)

4) think

I think that visualization of this is essential to understanding what equation should be made..

Edited by Sensei

12 hours ago, Georgiy said:

But   I think I  need a formula not piloting

Maths is not simply about having a formula and substituting values into it.

Trying to learn lots of formulae is likely to lead you into difficulty in the long run.

Understanding what you are doing is far better.

Note: I am just about to apologise to another member in another thread for not reading his post properly and therefore not understanding and thus saying something silly and using the wrong formula.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to learn definitions and basic concepts before you can understand formulas!  In your first post you ask for "slope  of points(2,2) and (3,5)".  Points don't have a slope!  That was one reason the first response asked you to state whole problem.  Most likely you were asked to "find the slope of the line through points (2, 2) and (3,5)".  Whoever gave you this problem clearly expects you to know what the word "slope" means here!  What definition of "slope of a line" were you given?