Help me develop a project management/social network site and crowdsource the creation of a 1000 year plan?

3blake7

I am an IT professional and a huge SciFi fan. I started working on worldbuilding a science fiction universe that I believe is scientifically plausible, while trying to include any inevitable technologies and capabilities and avoiding theoretical physics longhots like negative energy, artificial gravity, wormholes and warp drives. I've been learning to 3D model in Blender and working on making a 3d animated series for YouTube. I wanted to show viewers a future that might actually be possible instead of the scientific surrealism of Star Trek or the many other SciFi universes that have one more more elements that are definitely not possible that bring their entire house of cards down.

Maybe I'm being too ambitious. Why not do a REAL 1000 year plan and promote it through the arts? I could whip together a social network/project management site.

My first 3d animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fThRnJguVT0

This is a timelapse of Mars being terraformed.

I made a spreadsheet to do the ballpack calculations:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gXUkVvdsvDMAcoRa-QjDw633MYGjqjJW5h6VEpKy-30/edit?usp=sharing

Long story short, to terraform Venus and Mars within a reasonable time, around 1000 years, we would need viable fusion power and an autonomous self-replicating industry. I think self-replicating systems is an inevitable capability, humans are after all, extremely complex and can self-replicate. It's only a matter of time til our own technology achieves that level of sophistication.

The future could be, millions of species of nanomachines, self-replicating, spreading through the entire crust of the Earth, assembling themselves into nano-miners, nano-refineries, material transport systems, nano factories, and every type of power generation using fossil fuels, fissile material and even nano-scale fusion reactors. The automated industry could mine every useful element and add it into circulation and recycle everything. Then a citizen could log into the virtual reality with all 5 senses, talk with their personal artificial intelligence, then the AI can design them something. An hour later, the dirt in their backyard begins moving, and a super-advance self-repairing, nanotechnology based motorcycle rises out of the ground. The subterranean nanomachine industry could even infect all plant life, modify it's leaves, and siphon off solar energy. We could have a completely hidden industry. We would want to create every possible variation of technology using as many different elements and use the elements in the most efficient way overall to maximum the population and/or quality of life. AI and supercomputers might become too hungry for electricity, but we could also move them out into space, send them data, they analyze it and send the results back to Earth. We could also do subterranean cities, floating cities, underwater cities, millions of space stations along with the terraforming of Mars and Venus. We will also be capable of doing immortality. I've been researching how the brain works and I'm not 100% sure it's possible but we might be able to do mind backups and mind transfers. We would probably need to invent thousands of different species of nanomachines, like one specifically designed to locate dopamine receptors, then inject them, wait long enough for the entire brain to be "scanned". Not sure how long it would take, probably be slow, since you are limited to how many nanomachines you can have floating around the brain before causing problems. Once a mind is digitized, you could upload it into the virtual world, make a backup, transmit it to another star system or download it into an android or genetically engineered body. The modified human body, could have immortality, faster regeneration, and a modified brain that makes mind uploads/downloads easier. I came up with a memory density that doesn't break the laws of physics, and we could easily fit a human mind, every single particles' velocity and position, down to picometer precision in a volume smaller than a penny. We could have a virtual population in the septillions.

Anyways, I think the future could be awesome but it could also go very, very wrong. AI and robotics has the potential to crash the entire world economy with skyrocketing unemployment rates within our lifetimes. Global warming and environment destruction is a serious problem and our politics doesn't seem capable of getting the job done. Politics doesn't seem very technically or scientifically savvy. Watching Congress interview Mark Zuckerberg was a little depressing. They could have grabbed a random high school nerd to answer those questions. I am a bit obsessed and depressed when it comes to politics and SciFi makes me optimistic about the future. I want to combine them.

I could setup a non-profit to manage the site, an electable committee and all that. What are your thoughts? Would anyone be interested in participating in a project like this?

Edited by 3blake7

Attached is an image I made in Blender, of the first floor of a 2.8 km diameter space station. It has two rings spinning in opposite directions. It has enough space for hydroponics to support a population of 500,000 with an above average living space for each person. I'm still a noob at 3d modelling. For this image I wrote a Python script that generated everything. I even found over a thousand corporate logos, separated them into categories and did a random and realistic distribution.. lol. The shaders need some tweaking to improve realism.

spacestation-commercial16.png