Glossary chart

Danijel Gorupec

I want to include a glossary-like appendix into one document I wrote (basic-level overview of magnetism).  I planed to include a chart at the beginning of the glossary to depict relations between explained terms.

It proved harder than expected. I have doubts about almost everything... Maybe you want to comment or advise. The idea is not to provide rigor, but to provide some orientation.

Here is what I have so far:

glossary.png.e0b8d165364976cf0859ac75dfe1ca19.png

15 minutes ago, Danijel Gorupec said:

(basic-level overview of magnetism).

Like your diagram  +1

But basic??

phew!

I like the part where you differentiate between the field (at every point) and the function at a single point.

you could add tensor fields to the scheme.

1 minute ago, studiot said:

Like your diagram  +1

But basic??

phew!

I like the part where you differentiate between the field (at every point) and the function at a single point.

you could add tensor fields to the scheme.

Ha ha... tensors... I would not know what to write about them further in the glossary :)

I am thinking to remove surface integral of scalar field - I don't know if it is used anywhere in magnetism. At the moment I keep it for symmetry :)

29 minutes ago, Danijel Gorupec said:

Ha ha... tensors... I would not know what to write about them further in the glossary :)

I am thinking to remove surface integral of scalar field - I don't know if it is used anywhere in magnetism. At the moment I keep it for symmetry :)

Not used much I admit but

http://web.mit.edu/6.013_book/www/chapter8/8.3.html