Falling through space time = going to future/past

fredreload

This is extending from the falling through space time idea. I want to know why falling through space time would get me to an earlier to later time as derived from a science fiction idea.

https://backtothefuture.fandom.com/wiki/Space-time_continuum

"The space-time continuum consisted of all years in the past to an unknown point, perhaps the 4-digit limit set by the time machine itself."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Spacetime

"To say that the four-dimensional continuum "exists now" implies that all cross sections "exist now" or, in other words, that the cross section t = t0 is identical with the cross-section t = t1. Otherwise, it could not exist "now." If we allow for this confusing way of thinking, the assertion that the "four-dimensional space-time continuum" has always existed and we are merely traveling through it asserts no more than the statement that the three-dimensional space continuum changes in time.
...if we call the ...space-time continuum a "reality," we are encouraged to adopt Lagrange's assertion that mechanics is a four-dimensional geometry, and to say that the four-dimensional continuum "exists now," and that therefore all future events exist now, and the "future" consists in our moving through the... continuum. But exactly as before Minkowski's formulation... we must also admit that the use of the word "now" in the formulation is rather misleading. By "now" we mean the cross section of the four-dimensional space-time continuum that is defined by t = t0. Therefore it is self-contradictory that any future instant of time t > t0 can exist "now."
Use has often been made of this four-dimensional space-time continuum to "prove" that the future is "predetermined." ...
The four-dimensional formulation is a useful instrument for the presentation of physical events, but it cannot be interpreted in our everyday language by simply speaking about the... space-time continuum as we have been accustomed to speak about our ordinary three-dimensional space."

Phillipp Frank, Philosophy of Science: The Link Between Science and Philosophy (1957).

P.S. I want more emphasis on Phillipp Frank's idea, but it does not incorporate the multi-verse theory.

Edited by fredreload

5 hours ago, fredreload said:

I want to know why falling through space time would get me to an earlier to later time as derived from a science fiction idea.

No. Getting to an earlier time is not possible. What is it that you derived? 

From your reference backtothefuture.fandom.com/wiki/Space-time_continuum:

The space-time continuum was the medium through which the DeLorean time machine and the Jules Verne Train navigated to reach a particular point in time. Traveling along this medium resulted from breaking the time barrier. The space around the vehicle did not change on temporal displacement, and within each time, the vehicle would have to travel to that location on its own power.

Since the DeLorean time machine is fiction, it's behaviour or consequences of operation does not, and is not required, to match what is observed in mainstream science. I would not use it as a starting point to derive things regarding changes to current physics. 

The Phillipp Frank quote states 

If we allow for this confusing way of thinking

Is the quote part of an idea or an example of a bad or confusing idea?

What is the actual idea in this topic? How do one fall through spacetime?

This is extending from the falling through space time idea. I want to know why falling through space time would get me to an earlier to later time as derived from a science fiction idea.

!

Moderator Note

Because it is science fiction. That is not a suitable basis for scientific speculation.