iq!

biggs

Yes, measures of IQ are normally distributed. The mean is 100 and the SD is around 15 as far as I remember.

I don't know what my IQ is. I've never had it formally measured, and I probably won't. I don't have an awful lot of faith in their validity.

hi

does iq of a population generally fit in a bell curve?

Yes. It's called a normal distribution.

whats the standard deviation of iq?

Uh' date=' what? The tests at the IHIQS use a SD of 16.

and also, whats your iq?

Asking that is like asking an old aunt her age. It's usually considered crass and you have to be naive if you expect a truthful answer in most cases. Those that don't intentionally lie may also have been misled by inflated scores given in "fake" online IQ tests or they may not be aware of the SD of the tests they took. A percentile score is much less likely to be misinterpreted.

i know that internet iq tests arnt that good, but the best one ive found is the

international high IQ society free IQ tests, (i used 'ultimate iq test, but if your rather smart, try the exceptional one)

Although there is a lot of kafuffle on this subject the fact is that the IHIQS tests have a very close correlation to professionally administered tests. The TFEI my be an exception in that it is very difficult to norm tests designed to measure IQs above 150 due to the lack of data.

And no, I had no hand in designing them although as an IHIQS member and forum admin I know a little of them. Personally I find the process of taking IQ tests to be tedious in the extreme.