Electro-Magnetic Cooling?

I recently read about a device called the "Coil Gun" witch has multiple copper coils that simultaneously turns off causing the atoms to slow down. I also know that temperature is the speed something vibrates.

Would it be possible to use this as an every day cooling method? For instance, if I make an MuMetal case large enough to mount to a CPU cooling bracket and have multiple coils inside it with a chip controlling the timing of each coil to re-create the effects of the "Coil Gun", could this become, like, next level CPU cooling?

Here's where I read about the "Coil Gun": https://scienceblogs.com/principles/2010/01/19/how-to-make-slow-atoms-and-mol-1

6 hours ago, ThatOneGuyAR said:

I recently read about a device called the "Coil Gun" witch has multiple copper coils that simultaneously turns off causing the atoms to slow down. I also know that temperature is the speed something vibrates.

Would it be possible to use this as an every day cooling method? For instance, if I make an MuMetal case large enough to mount to a CPU cooling bracket and have multiple coils inside it with a chip controlling the timing of each coil to re-create the effects of the "Coil Gun", could this become, like, next level CPU cooling?

Here's where I read about the "Coil Gun": https://scienceblogs.com/principles/2010/01/19/how-to-make-slow-atoms-and-mol-1

The methods that Chad describes are for atoms, and perhaps molecules, where changing the KE shows up as a change in the temperature. That's not going to be the case for bulk items. Also, the effects don't typically scale very well.  

On 9/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, swansont said:

That's not going to be the case for bulk items. Also, the effects don't typically scale very well.  

If it worked with the coil gun, why then can't it work to cool anything else, and what are the effects? Wouldn't the MuMetal protect any outside objects from the magnetic field?

4 hours ago, ThatOneGuyAR said:

If it worked with the coil gun, why then can't it work to cool anything else, and what are the effects? Wouldn't the MuMetal protect any outside objects from the magnetic field?

It worked with a coil gun on atoms. The atoms were cooled, not the gun.

As the link explains, (emphasis added)

" the coilgun involves, well, coils. A whole series of them, in fact, arranged one after another on the path the beam of atoms to be slowed will follow"

It's magnetic slowing of an atom beam. But it also gives a velocity compression of the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution, so it cools them as well. But it only works because the beam is a gas, and you interact with the atoms individually.