eye socket content weight

Hello everybody,

i have gone through an Exenteration surgery many years ago. So the surgeon has removed all the content of my eye socket: eye ball, eye muscles, eyelids…  it resulted in my having neck pain i found out throughout the years that i need to put weght in the socket to fix the problem so here is my question:

does any body have access to human cadaver and can remove all the content of an adult male eye socket and tell us what is the weight?

i am currently using bout 37 grams but i would be greatly thankful if someone can confirm the approximate weight of all the contents of the human eye socket

i would be in great debt to whoever can solve this problem for me.

17 hours ago, Canush said:

i found out throughout the years that i need to put weght in the socket to fix the problem

Are you using an ocular prosthetic? Can you use different weights to see which relieves the stress on your neck muscles? If so, you could devise an experiment where you test to see where your pain levels are after using progressively lighter weights. 

18 hours ago, Canush said:

i am currently using bout 37 grams but i would be greatly thankful if someone can confirm the approximate weight of all the contents of the human eye socket

Wikipedia puts the mass of the eye alone at only 7.5 grams with a volume of 6 cubic centimeters. Can the muscles and lid account for the other 29.5 grams? Perhaps it's too much?

• 6 months later...

yes i think i have been putting too much weight. i have reduced the weght to 13 gram and i am fine   it is a big difference to 37 g ,  and no neck pain or back pain  .....

any suggestion how to find the weight of each eye muscle so we can  come up with the accurate total.