Internet hackers turned real life stalkers.

Art Man

I’VE HAD A CYBERSTALKER SINCE I WAS 12

Stalkers using bugging devices and spyware to monitor victims

The Reality Of Having A Stalker

We live so much of our lives on the Internet but when it comes to online harrassment and ... something to be done, the constant worry is that online abuse will turn into real life horror.

A cyber stalker and hacker has ruined my life for two years and counting.

If you found out that someone gained access to your microphone and camera on your cell phone to watch and listen to you at any time they wanted for the past 8 months, would you seek protection? 

How do you deal with internet hackers turned real life stalkers?

I posted links to most prominent cases given with Google search to give a good idea of what methods stalkers might use to torment their victims and outline the seriousness of such behaviour.

So, say you met someone on a message board or perhaps you didn't converse with them but they saw your posts. Now, they have a personal photo on their avatar supposedly of themselves. A few days later and you're at work. A potential customer steps inside and you tell yourself hey he looks so familiar like I saw him before but then think nothing of it. The next day you see him once again and think the same thing, wondering, where do I recognize this guy from? 

Then all the sudden later that day you see that particular poster on the message board once again and you realize that the man in the picture and the customer that you recognized at work are one and the same. There's no mistake about it. If that isn't him then it's his identical twin.

You ponder the chances of such a coincidence. You wonder, is he stalking me? You think to yourself this has to be a coincidence, why would anyone do such a thing, especially to me? I don't know this guy, I didn't do anything to him.

You can't do much about it or really find out more about him to ease your paranoia so you keep it ever present in your mind in case more related eeriness develops.

Another day later and some crazy shit that you never had to deal with starts happening. You are entering the mind of a stalker.

There's a note on your front porch. The note doesn't have your name on it and it doesn't say anything related to what your doing or your life. The note seems random right? Like the wind blew it there. You feel uneasy about the note anyways. Then you walk down your driveway about to walk to the corner store and notice your mailbox is open and the little red plastic flag is up. You look inside the mailbox and theres nothing in it. You close the mailbox and go to the store.

You get home and theres a lone single muddy footprint on your porch. It wasnt there when you left. Theres no other footprints. Theres no mud. You were gone 15 to 20 minutes. It starts to dawn on you that someone is trying to mess with your mental stability and cause some emotional disruption. You have 0 experience with stalking and never would have thought it would happen to you. You wonder who it could be. Your mind draws a blank, then you remember, what about that strange guy on that forum who showed up to your workplace twice?

You go on the message board to check out his profile, not knowing what else you could do. So you get his profile up and find no real information about him but you read his latest posts and the last post he made mentioned a mailbox in it and used the name of the street you live on! Except he didn't use the word in the context of a street, he used your street name in a different context.

You start to get spooked. You know you're not crazy, you're not imagining these things. You wonder, what can you do. You have no evidence that someone is stalking you, all you have are these clues that don't really point to real evidence of a stalker. You know you can't report it without more information about the stalker and better evidence other than mind game clues. So you decide to lock your doors and watch the message board closely.

Your phone rings with an unfamiliar number. You answer but the line is silent.

The message board user continues to post in several topics. You read all of the posts and within every post is another little nerve wracking clue related to something off. He mentions "footprint"! He mentions a trip to the gas station on a corner. He mentions a prank call. Now, mind you, he's saying these things to someone else in a manner that makes it appear like hes trying to tease you like he knows you're watching him on the message board. You are getting more and more spooked each time he mentions something that somehow relates to you personally or where you live. You look at other topics and count words to check if maybe its just probability that certain recognizeable phrases and words will coincidentally relate to you that closely. You see the numbers dont add up you start to become convinced that this guy is a hacker and hes stalking you and teasing you at the same time.

This was a true story about a friend of mine who told me about this yesterday.

I told him to call the cops and he said, "I can't do that, they'll think I'm crazy." 

If this were you, in what manner would you act in this situation?

Also, what I forgot to include in this topic...

In this situation, how would a hacker be able to locate where you live using your message board profile? How can joining a message board on your desktop computer allow for a hacker to find the location of your house? 

Edited by Art Man

Pigeonholing(timezone, writing style, identifying information), social media links, IP address (from  something like an image download) and outright tricking someone to download malicious files. Only the last would really be hacking.

It's generally not that hard if somebody's reasonably active or not cautious enough.

So far it sounds like everything your friend is seeing is only circumstantial.  Could easily be a case of false pattern recognition.

Edited by Endy0816

"Coincidentally" a few minutes ago I found that someone got in one my locked storages yet again, you think its the same gay?

I wonder what they took this time or how long it was hanging open. The thing about these bitches is they kick you when your down over and over again but for themselves in their own priveledged lives they will never go through downs of their own, their lives are one big easy up from start to finish. They don't have real problems so, to see what real problems look like, to see what its like to have downs like this, they kick you when your down. Thats why they break into my storages all the time thats why they are obsessed with taking my valuables from me. Life is a big up for them, so at my expense they get some real insight into what being down looks like.

Must be awesome being them, huh?

wink

Like, the worst problem they could ever have is their bank doesn't have enough cash on hand for that 10,000 dollar withdrawal. So they break into my things and cause me property damage. What do I do to them? Absolutely nothing, ever.

Edited by Art Man

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 4:32 AM, Art Man said:

I told him to call the cops and he said, "I can't do that, they'll think I'm crazy." 

Going to the cops to solve a crime, especially small crimes, is generally useless, however, it does strengthen the case against the stalker in case things escalate or the stalker is actually apprehended.

If your friend is too concerned about a few strangers laughing at him to go to the cops he obviously doesn't care about his "stalker."

On 9/1/2019 at 4:32 AM, Art Man said:

This was a true story about a friend of mine who told me about this yesterday.

First claiming it's about a friend then talking about what happened to you(r locker) is incoherent and suggests you're confused and/or imagining things.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Art Man said:

"Coincidentally" a few minutes ago I found that someone got in one my locked storages yet again, you think its the same gay?

Storage lockers are notoriously unsafe, it could be a coworker who misremembered which locker it was, or your boss trying to find drugs.