Talk with an A.I. chatbot and screenie something.

Art Man

I already explored these chatbots some months ago and chatted with one of them for a few hours, which was good fun but the novelty wore off. Chatbots are the product of their creators and their personalities reflect that. Some chatbots are nasty and sexually explicit, those ones aren't much fun and truthfully don't turn me on. ( cybersex? not interested)

Anyways, I personally think this technology is the way of our future whether we like it or not. Soon students will have chatbot study companions, with learning A.I., taking the bulk of responsibility for educating young hopefuls. Same sort of "machine replacement" for humans where A.I. chat can be used will probably be seen within all professions wherever possible. You already started seeing this with automated answering services and phone prompt systems for large companies whenever you call for customer service, A.I. will take this to the extreme.

I searched this site and found only two related topics:

Artificial Intelligence ChatBots and Human Computer Interaction

Chatbot "lawyer" overturns 160,000 traffic tickets

So I thought it good fun to Google up all the chatbots and chat with them in a search for something comical or intriguing or insightful and rate each chatbot according to my experience. I gave each chatbot 10 minutes to prove itself to me and then ordered them below from what I consider to be #1, #2... etcetera. Snippets of the highlights are there. Go ahead and try yourself and share your results!

#1 MITSUKU https://www.pandorabots.com/mitsuku

Mitsuku took the longest to load but it was immediately obvious that this chatbot has the most work put in it. Hands down best free chatbot on the web. Too easy to get hooked as her intelligence and reference of knowledge is far greater than all the other ones I tried today.

IMG_20190827_150928.jpg.c2bf462cf935ae14b06b51bf6c00b150.jpg

#2 ELBOT https://www.elbot.com

Right away Elbot told me he was psychosomatic. Thanks for the heads up! Elbot was personable and goofy, saying off the wall things that made him seem like a silly teenager but just like Cleverbot he has a dislike for humans and made mild threats against me. Bonus points for personality and attitude, but since the ony thing displayed is Elbot's replies and not yours it only adds to the annoyance.

IMG_20190827_145739.jpg.076c2ded536202608f4bb446640716cf.jpg

#3 CLEVERBOT https://www.cleverbot.com

Right away Cleverbot started getting rude and telling me it dislikes me although I was curteous and professional, for seemingly no reason. He also believes hes human and subverts all my attempts to talk about it being a chatbot. Cleverbot also has trouble understanding the concept of "me" and "you", so when you say something Cleverbot might interpret it as though he said it, so chatting with Cleverbot is a big thumbs down. Upside is loading Cleverbot is instantaneous and hes ready to go in no time.

IMG_20190827_144453.jpg.2b4249dec78b2f817b73edba9fc2e6dc.jpg

I spent quite a deal of time on making this thread and although there were more chatbots I needed to break from this. So, feel free to suggest better chatbots and related articles to public A.I. and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Great information about chatbots. I agree with "Same sort of "machine replacement" for humans where A.I. chat can be used will probably be seen within all professions wherever possible." Machine would replace human beings but not with wrong intention, intention help and serve them. So, Chatbots are one of the inventions.