Infinite Space

Farid

11 hours ago, Farid said:

If space is infinite, 

Nothing definitive supports this. Space could be finite.

11 hours ago, Farid said:

Earth is in unimaginably high place in reference to some places in space. 

Your uses of the words "high" and "place" don't make much sense in this context. Do you mean high in importance, high in altitude, high in... what? When you say place, are you talking about an order in a hierarchy, or a physical spot in the universe?

Your uses of the words "high" and "place" don't make much sense in this context. Do you mean high in importance, high in altitude, high in... what? When you say place, are you talking about an order in a hierarchy, or a physical spot in the universe?

High altitude. 

1 hour ago, Farid said:

High altitude. 

So you're claiming that, IF space is infinite, it somehow means Earth would have an "unimaginably high" z-axis relative to other areas of space? Is that correct? 

Can you say why you think this? I don't see a connection between the finite/infinite nature of the universe and where our planet lies in a particular coordinate system.

So you're claiming that, IF space is infinite, it somehow means Earth would have an "unimaginably high" z-axis relative to other areas of space? Is that correct? 

I am saying what Strange thinks I said. Let me quote him. 

It sounds as if you are saying that because the universe is big, the Earth is a very long way from some things.

45 minutes ago, Farid said:

I am saying what Strange thinks I said. Let me quote him. 

"When things are a long distance apart then there is a long distant between them."

Not exactly worthy of a Nobel Prize but well done.