venturi effect with electric field component.

DandelionTheory

I've been trying to put the math together for this, its out of my league. What i need to answer is: if each charged plate strips/adds electrons to the air molecules they touch, will this configuration of insulators and charged plates produce positive thrust along the main Y axis?

before_ion_paths.jpg

Ion_paths.jpg

-DT

PS, "Tah-Dah!"

Edited by DandelionTheory

• 5 weeks later...

Hi DandelionTheory,

I regret to tell you that your diagrams are not understandable, or at lest not by me. Nor do I see what venturi effect shall be here.

Thrust from electrodes in air was demonstrated. When Jean-Pierre Petit showed his setup, people laughed, supposedly by Pavlov conditioning because some of his other theses are not mainstream. Later, a known US university showed about the same effect and setup, and the same people admired the astounding demonstrator, without even asking if the figures were practical.

Maybe you could check Jean-Pierre Petit's demonstrator? He made a video of it, and he's excellent at explaining science in simple terms - alas not in English. Perhaps on his website.

I look forward to someone who really knows about this subject explaining what it is all about.

Why for instance are we talking about a Venturi effect?

This is a purely mechanical constriction.

Are you suggesting that a constriction and therefore a pressure differential occurs due to ionic charge repulsion?