Dark Matter/Energy

scifimath

"Dark" implies something is unobservable. So that's what Dark Matter/Energy are. Dark Energy is the unobservable quantum field. Quantum objects don't use spacetime, but spacetime's gravity can bend the fabric of the quantum field.

Dark Matter is matter that normally would convert over to spacetime naturally but doesn't. It's found in abundance as halos around galaxies. Which leads me to believe it's a substance that held together galaxies before spacetime was turned on.

Dark doesn't imply something unobservable. we can observe both by its indirect influence upon matter we can readily observe

As both directly affects spacetime and is literally the two most prominent driving influences upon the expansion of the universe it literally makes no sense to not include them in spacetime.

They are two fields that does exist in our spacetime. 

"Dark" in reference to "dark matter" simply means undetectable by electromagnetic radiation, either consisting of MACHOs (MAssive Compact Halo objects, e.g, Black holes, neutron stars etc. ) or WIMPs (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles;  basically a type of matter that does not participate via the electromagnetic interaction; something similar to the neutrino)*

"Dark" if reference to dark energy is just a placeholder label chosen because we had already coined the term "dark matter" and Science isn't always overly creative when when comes to naming stuff.   In other words, don't make too much of the usage of the word here.

* Observations tend to limit how much dark matter can be made up of MACHOs.   Basically, an large amount of mass consisting of MACHOS today would have had effects on how the universe evolved during its earlier stages, and would had led to a universe that would look different than what we see. 

16 minutes ago, scifimath said:

It's unobservable like a black hole is unobservable.

A black hole's interaction with its surroundings is observable. As is dark matter's interactions via gravitation.

In the future dark matter may be directly detected. Internals of a black hole not so, according to current models. Internals of a black hole is unobservable even in principle.

Edited by Ghideon
clarification and spelling

6 minutes ago, scifimath said:

Black holes, Dark Matter, and Dark Energy are in the same family.

Why?

6 minutes ago, scifimath said:

They are not on our team if the only way you can tell they are there are indirect means

I said the internals (beyond event horizon) of a black hole is not observable, and will not ever be observable as long as current models are considered. But the outside? See https://eventhorizontelescope.org

I do not see how your statement about black holes, dark matter, dark energy and "unobservable" matches what we currently know.

27 minutes ago, scifimath said:

Black holes, Dark Matter, and Dark Energy are in the same family. They are not on our team if the only way you can tell they are there are indirect means. 

They are not in "the same family". 

And you may have missed the news, but a bunch of scientists took a picture of a black hole. Doesn't get much more "direct" than that.

8 minutes ago, scifimath said:

a picture of what was around it. get real

It was specifically a picture of what was not around it. We have had pictures of what is around black holes for a long time; that is how we know they are black holes and not something else.

We have no "direct" evidence of electrons or photons. We only know them from their effects on other things. And as we only know about everything in the universe because of electrons and photons, we therefore have no "direct" evident of anything.

So everything is in your "dark family".

By the way, one of the rules of the Speculations forum is to have some support for your idea in the form of mathematics or evidence. I haven't seen any yet, so I will be suggesting this thread is closed.

As you are unable to provide any math to support your fictional science, you should consider changing your user name.

7 hours ago, scifimath said:

"Dark" implies something is unobservable. So that's what Dark Matter/Energy are. Dark Energy is the unobservable quantum field. Quantum objects don't use spacetime, but spacetime's gravity can bend the fabric of the quantum field.

Dark Matter is matter that normally would convert over to spacetime naturally but doesn't. It's found in abundance as halos around galaxies. Which leads me to believe it's a substance that held together galaxies before spacetime was turned on.

!

Moderator Note

I see no model, or any attempt to provide evidence or a testable prediction for this speculation, as required by the rules.