LH Merlo

About life and consciousness.

13 minutes ago, MPMin said:

And what about the ability of abstract thoughts and a sense of mortality perhaps these are necessary attributes of consciousness or maybe I’m just setting the bar too high for what consciousness is. 

You're setting the bar to your level of understanding. It's a little like trying to understand how and why the Egyptians built pyramids, when all we know is, they did...

There is no line...

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, Hrvoje1 said:

but obviously termites didn't need to hire a human architect to design a mound for them, that's why is this question without any sense, in general.

For "that's why is this" Google returns about 2 results, for "that's why this is" Google returns about  29.500.000 results. So, I thought to rewrite it like this:

"but obviously termites didn't need to hire a human architect to design a mound for them, that's why this question is without any sense, in general."

But then I googled for "this question is without any sense", and that returned no results, and "this question has no sense" returned about 175.000 results, so I think I should have written:

"but obviously termites didn't need to hire a human architect to design a mound for them, that's why this question has no sense, in general."

Is that correct now, or at least better?