What is the Purpose of Life ?

Airbrush

23 minutes ago, Area54 said:

1. A journey occupies time; a destination is but an instant.

2. Journies are variable; destinations are fixed.

3. Journies require observation, analyses and decisions; destinations are content with observation alone.

4. Journies have multiple possible routes; destinations are fixed.

5. Why not?

You're missing the point, what's important to you?

Mmmm...

To make do.

To do.

To make.

To make love.

To love.

To love making.

To do better.

To make better.

To make love better.

To love making better.

All of that in order to make do better.

8 minutes ago, Conscious Energy said:

It is relative, depending how we perceive reality.

The point is, whatever purpose there is in life is for you to decide and if you're content with that choice; you get the chance to enjoy the enjoyable bits.

15 hours ago, joigus said:

Mmmm...

To make do.

To do.

To make.

To make love.

To love.

To love making.

To do better.

To make better.

To make love better.

To love making better.

All of that in order to make do better.

Yup, +1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 8:14 AM, Airbrush said:

This is a serious question.  I'd like to know how you would answer this in a few words.

My answer to the question is the purpose of life is to get better, in a few words.  "To get better" is evolution, adaption, and survival.  If you get sick, your purpose is to get better.  If you do well in anything, the purpose is to get better.

:) :) :) what does "getting better " mean ?

I may think inversely , because I would like to remain young ,healthy and , and,....and simply static. ahaha :) 

if you are asking what our purpose would be each, I am sure that each will change one by one :)

if you are asking what should it be,then ,well you are trying to asnwer ,but this will include risks to respond. 

I personally do not explain purposes ,why to do that ? because I am very cute hahahah :) :) :) 

one very important sentence will be good to share :

I LOVE MYSELF , THIS IS THE RULE TO FEEL HAPPY ,I BELIEVE. 

:)  :) :)

Edited by ahmet

8 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Well, in this context it mean's, "getting better" at being alive...😉

in this case, I prefer to say :

I AM ALREADY GOOD , WHY AND HOW TO GET BETTER ? 

:) 

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Because, tomorrow we all get sad...

nope.

the sun is shining every tomorrow to me :) even though the degree of brightness of shine is not as same as my personality 

hahahahaha :) :) :) 

Edited by ahmet

4 hours ago, ahmet said:

in this case, I prefer to say :

I AM ALREADY GOOD , WHY AND HOW TO GET BETTER ? 

:) 

Are you sure you are already good?  "Getting better" can mean adapting and surviving to pass on your genes, incorporating advantageous mutations.  However, you may be the exception to the rule.  Are you SURE there is nothing in your life that can be improved a tiny bit through your own effort?  Maybe in a few decades you will think of something. 🙂

Edited by Airbrush

15 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Are you sure you are already good?  "Getting better" means adapting and surviving to pass on your genes. 

so,you mean if I don't get better, then I won't survive to..and won't adapt. 

first ,I thought (and also allege) : "being good" would differ from "getting better". 

I am still sure that I am good. :) also sometimes I can add : I am anciently  way romantic and handsome hahahaha 

:)  :) :) :) 

15 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

However, you may be the exception to the rule. 😁

mmm,well, I can let you consider this probability 

:) however, which rule you exactly mention  (is not clear),can you provide some additional contexts?

Edited by ahmet

5 hours ago, ahmet said:

so,you mean if I don't get better, then I won't survive to..and won't adapt. 

first ,I thought (and also allege) : "being good" would differ from "getting better". 

I am still sure that I am good. :) also sometimes I can add : I am anciently  way romantic and handsome hahahaha 

:)  :) :) :) 

mmm,well, I can let you consider this probability 

:) however, which rule you exactly mention  (is not clear),can you provide some additional contexts?

Sorry that was not my intention.  I mean getting better for you may be just improving something inside your own home.  Anything about your daily life.  Or cooking something better.   Exercising to be more fit.  Exercise your memory.  Remember the year of important events in your life. 

Or saving time by not watching commercials on TV, but change the channel so you never need to look at commercials you don't like, too much.  But be careful, you may forget to return to your original channel in 2 or 3 minutes!  Watch YouTubes about science.  I like YouTubes about astronomy and cosmology, and many other subjects.  Anything, no matter how small, can be an improvement in your life. 🙂

Edited by Airbrush

3 hours ago, Airbrush said:

I mean getting better for you may be just improving something inside your own home.  Anything about your daily life.  Or cooking something better.   Exercising to be more fit.  Exercise your memory. 

you...you... you.. :) :) 

these are not as same meaning as "getting better" ,lets see each one by one:

just improving something inside your own home.

this is : doing better ,not really "getting better",to my understanding.

Anything about your daily life.

this is presumably "doing something" but not even "doing better".

Or cooking something better.

this is doing "something" better.

Exercising to be more fit.

no,I do not do that ,because I am good/fit in this regard. you have not seen my lovely body :) :) 

Exercise your memory. 

I think ,my memory is exactly "good" ,and I would protect this situation. not better and not the worse is demanded. :)

hahahah :) :) 

a notation: I know that definitions and more clearly "things and what do we think about those things would be effective/important in philosophy".

2 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

There is no purpose of life general, but my purpose is to be happy, which it turns out is a very complicated thing, and to avoid tragedy.

I think that having a purpose would be good in life. but personally ,I am (already) happy. :)

someone reminded me from the "philosophy of science " course, a book ; I do not remember who had written that book but I approximately remember the name of book

it was ;

"nice/joyful science"

within this,I think our point of view across life is effective on how tos and nots...(especially regarding "doing" science).

Edited by ahmet

7 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

There is no purpose of life general, but my purpose is to be happy, which it turns out is a very complicated thing, and to avoid tragedy.

I think that's because happy is the wrong word to use; being eternally happy is no more possible than being eternally sad; what is possible is to be content enough to accept/enjoy them both for what they are.

9 hours ago, ahmet said:

I think that having a purpose would be good in life. but personally ,I am (already) happy. :)

That's quite sad, how can you know if you're really happy?

If you've never been hungry, how can you truly know the pleasure of eating?

56 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

That's quite sad, how can you know if you're really happy?

I have not described how being happy was.

I only said that I was happy. 

56 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

If you've never been hungry, how can you truly know the pleasure of eating?

sometimes in the past, I thought that this question might include such complex subquestions that could not even be possible to asnwer those subquestions. 

for instance can you describe (scientifically) how hunger was? (I think you perfectly can)

and try to describe how the satiety was ? (I mean measurement,a clue : try to respond via quantitative expressions or something via chemical formulas)

you will /should eventually reach a point ..but which point is really too difficult to find. (because that point will be qualitative and we know that qualitative expressions do not show their properties same at everywhere or not same to everyone)

Edited by ahmet

32 minutes ago, ahmet said:

I only said that I was happy. 

You said/implied you will always be happy.

for instance can you describe (scientifically) how hunger was? (I think you perfectly can)

Why would I need to?

you will /should eventually reach a point ..but which point is really too difficult to find.

It's not so difficult to find, if you look in the right place.

Science has some of the answer's, but not all; it's like saying you're only happy with science, when you can't describe the pleasure of your grandmother's, rabbit stew.... 

Edited by dimreepr

11 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

You said/implied you will always be happy.

:) no,I only mentioned the existing/current time,not the past and not the future,exactly.

and I underlined that I would protect my that situation (being statically and exactly "good") :) 

Why would I need to?

lol :)

I did not say that you would need to,I only said that you could do.

It's not so difficult to find, if you look in the right place.

.so, lets start from a point.

it's like saying you're only happy with science, when you can't describe the pleasure of your grandmother's, rabbit stew.... 

NOOOOOOOO :):) 

Edited by ahmet