frivolity: heavyweight naming

Danijel Gorupec

This is just for my amusement...

There is this "Maxwell-Faraday equation". I was thinking is there any scientific formula or law or a thing that might include two stronger names? For example, is there something like Einsten-Newton stuff in physics, or something like Euler-Gauss stuff in mathematics?

I don't know the work of Lemaitre (Georges?) and Abraham (Max). So, from my perspective "Hubble-Lemaitre" and "Abraham-Minkowski" don't have the weight comparable to "Maxwell-Faraday"... Should I reconsider?

Einstein-Bose... Well, anything including Einstein might be in the same weight level as the "Maxwell-Faraday", but for the trivial reason.

Lorentz-Heavyside - This one I find the most interesting. I very much respect the work of Heavyside (including his likely write-down of the Maxwell-Faraday equation, lol)... that term certainly has its weight.

BTW, I just remembered the Fermi-Dirac statistics - how does it compare? I think the Maxwell-Faraday still outweighs it a bit.

35 minutes ago, Danijel Gorupec said:

Einstein-Bose... Well, anything including Einstein might be in the same weight level as the "Maxwell-Faraday", but for the trivial reason. 

Bose-Einstein statistics — which kickstarted quantum statistics — describes how bosons (named after Bose) behave. That's pretty heavyweight (other than fundamental bosons that are massless, of course)

_ _ _ 

In that light, you could add Fermi-Dirac statistics to the list

1 hour ago, Danijel Gorupec said:

I don't know the work of Lemaitre (Georges?) and Abraham (Max). So, from my perspective "Hubble-Lemaitre" and "Abraham-Minkowski" don't have the weight comparable to "Maxwell-Faraday"... Should I reconsider?

That is the trouble with your search: it is very subjective!

George Lemaitre was the "inventor" of the Big Bang; he was the guy who came up with the idea, from the equations of GR, that the universe could be expanding and then used some red-shift data to estimate the rate of expansion. Two years before Hubble published his "law".

As Hubble never accepted the idea (he died before the "killer" evidence was discovered) I think this paring makes it more heavyweight than just Hubble's name.