Yahawah, ancient name of God.

Wulphstein

9 hours ago, swansont said:

I think the emperor has no clothes. Also, this is a thread on Yahweh/Yahaweh.

I'm not an emperor.  But I am at home.

Do you know what metaphysics is?  I don't think you do.

9 hours ago, swansont said:

Science and tech, and metaphysics, has little or nothing to with atheism, or theism.

Engineers design products with computers applications, plan and discuss at board meetings, discuss with emails, draw pictures on erasure boards and paper drawings.  All this goes into the design process.  All of this has to happen before a tech company invests its money and resources into production of the product.  Why wouldn't similar processes occur when designing a universe before the Creator is ready to "Let there be light" start the big bang. 

2 minutes ago, Wulphstein said:

Why wouldn't similar processes occur when designing a universe before the Creator is ready to "Let there be light" start the big bang. 

Again, this is the fallacy of begging the question. You are assuming design/designer and then using that assumption to justify the existence of the designer.

Also, this is off topic. Let's get back to the origin/etymology/theology of Yahweh, as that is what you wanted to discuss.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Again, this is the fallacy of begging the question. You are assuming design/designer and then using that assumption to justify the existence of the designer.

Also, this is off topic. Let's get back to the origin/etymology/theology of Yahweh, as that is what you wanted to discuss.

When you stop to quote other people negatively , they will tell you what they mean.

Edited by Amazing Random

23 minutes ago, Strange said:

I heard the name and saw it spelled, which you're not supposed to be able to do in a (very profound) dream.  It inspired me to start this post.  What is interesting was that, I heard and saw the name Yahawa.  I thought it was referring to a name of a native American city.  So when I woke up, got on the computer and Googled it, it wasn't native American, it was the name of the ancient God of the Jews.  It was a profound evidential experience for me, even though you atheists are trained like circus animals to discount it.

As for begging the question of how the universe was created, atheist physics just says "I dunno".  So we have to consider the other option that, the universe was designed (engineered) to lead to complex molecular cellular life capable of supporting consciousness and complex thought.  The sheer absurdity of a "begging the question fallacy" regarding a created or engineered universe is itself a fallacy.  It only proves that atheists can be trained to do tricks.

The hypothesis that the universe was engineered has important ramifications beyond religion. It has implications to engineering and science. 

11 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Did you somehow think that was relevant?

Yes I did.

7 minutes ago, Wulphstein said:

The hypothesis that the universe was engineered has important ramifications beyond religion. It has implications to engineering and science. 

Could you tell me some of the implications?

14 minutes ago, Wulphstein said:

The universe back to t+10-43 seconds can be explained with reasonable confidence as evolving through known physical and natural means. The universe and us exist and are simply a chance happening...nothing more, nothing less.